How do I deal with my hair when humidity happens?

My hair is thick and very wavy. It's been dyed black but is naturally brown. I'm going to New Orleans a few days after Christmas. I don't want to look like the Lion King in family photos. Do you girls have any tips? Or maybe men have tips from their wives or girlfriends?

What Guys Said 3

• I find it odd that you assume men don't go through these troubles as well. I have thick wavy hair and I'm a guy. I also happen to live in Florida which is almost always humid, so my hair is almost always luffy and frizzy. Try using sulfate free shampoo which can also be dubbed as "low poo," or only shampoo your hair once a week. What I do is use a cleansing conditioner twice a week. Has worked wonders for me. Also when drying your hair with a towel don't do it so quickly or furiously, that causes hair to frizz from the get go. Instead pat down with the towel and move from side to side, if that makes sense.

• 6d

I shampoo my hair twice a week. My mom is about to find out how little I shampoo and she'll probably think it's gross. Thanks for tips and I'll be sure to pack a special towel for my hair.

• 6d

Problem with shampoo is it dries your hair sulfate free shampoo supposedly doesn't. Have you tried frizz ease? I mean you could always make your hair real short like I did and it'll solve the problems 😂😂

• I'm sorry, I got nothing

• Shampoo it half as often

What Girls Said 3

• I have curly hair, not wavy. But what helps me, is too keep musture in my hair. I wash my hair well, I put a hair mask and leave it on for few minutes and then I have a leave in conditioner, I just rinse the excess product. And after that I have curly hair creams that retain musture and I just dry it about 80% (sometimes 70% if in a hurry) and leave the other percent to dry on its own. I know that for my hair. It gets frizzy if I don't have a lot musture and my curls are "dry". So that's what works for me. Also watching her videos helped me too: Sayria Jade

• I guess you are using conditioner already, so I don't have to tell you to use it. Try aragan oil. Just 2 drops in your hands and spread it in your hair (especially on the ends, not roots ). Don't put too much, you don't want your hair to look oily.

• I wear a shower cap to bed. This keeps the natural moisture from the scalp naturally conditioning the hair. It doesn't feel greasy. Works like a charm.