Do you like colourful make up as opposed to subtle make up?

I don't really like black eye liner much for example.

I love colourful shades. Like blue eye liner, orange lipstick. As long as it's not out of this world and has a classy touch to it.

I don't get why people like black eye liner so much. To each their own, but I find that people are beautiful in general. Why wear the same kind of make up so that everyone looks the same?

8d For example, this person is wearing orange lipstick and the rest of her make up is still pretty subtle.

www.bing.com/.../search

It looks so beautiful. Totally creative look and so uplifting

What Guys Said 11

• This is definitely something that only women are into. Mermaid hair, fake eyelashes, glitter on their face, and dramatic make up -- all of these are things that guys don't even notice or find attractive. That said, I don't think that that matters because not everything should be about what the guy thinks anyway. I think it's great when people pursue things that they like so I love the fact that women like to spend time on their hair or watch makeup gurus on YouTube so that they can create the perfect smokey eye.

• 8d

Hmm I think you confused my question with a more dramatic take on make-up.

I wouldn't wear fake eyelashes or glitter on my face, but I love colourful make up. I think it's almost like an art in itself.

I totally agree with you on the stance that it's great that people pursue things that they like. I used to be one of those people who were like wearing make-up is superficial, so high school etc.

But as I grew older, I realized how much fun it can be to style yourself creatively. Even a simple thing like wearing a new shade of lip gloss that you recently bought can make you feel good first thing in the morning lol

• 8d

www.bing.com/.../search

Something like this would be make up I find pretty appealing (orange lip colour on medium make up)

• The colorful kind is what I hate, when girls use too much color and not there's like blue on her face for no reason. Or really dark colors for her light skin. I hate that so much. It makes me think that they probably don't have any concept of subtley.

The picture you found was nice to look at in a picture but even in person if it were done that well, I wouldn't feel to crazy about the makeup. Black eyeliner I like. If you do the cat eye thing I think it's called. I would assume you need some kind of base leading up to the eyes to make it all fit nicely. That can make a girl look really cute because it's not too much.

• ı like natural beauty

• 8d

www.bing.com/.../search

Something like this

• 8d

yeah make up changes a person a lot but when u wear it so often n dont wear for a day it makes u look like ill n less attractive

• 8d

I agree. This is why I barely wear any most days. I remember having an eyeliner phase in high school and I realized not only did I start looking sick without it, it was also spoiling my natural beauty.

Maybe this is one of the reasons I don't like black eye liner. When I take it off and see all those lumps of black it's like man I put all that stuff on my eye :(

• Nope

• It really depends on the amount of makeup and i guess different women will wear it good and some not. I actually like the picture you posted, it's different and i like that.

• I like all types of make-up. I think they make a girl look prettier. What I love most though is non-natural hair colors.

• 8d

I don't really like dyeing my hair. Don't get me wrong I totally would if I could get away with it, but the damaging of the hair really discourages me from doing that.

Also because I have darker hair, they would have to bleach my hair first before putting on lighter colours and the thought of using all those chemicals on my hair is a little off putting

• 8d

Mine is dark brown/black as opposed to jet-black.

• 8d

Well that still looks good I'm sure!

But honestly, I don't have a set of requirements for a girl besides not being fat. So anything else just compliments her appearance.

• I like the concept of colourful make up. It has to be done carefully though. Smoothe out your skin too much, and then have bright blue lips, and you look like something out of a nightmare.

• Depends women look better in diff things.

• subtle

• colorful make up goes good with colorful hair

• I like some around the eyes and very light on the lips

• 8d

www.bing.com/.../search

This is a look I would like

• 8d

I like something a little more natural coloring on the lips , almost purple looking or even reddish

What Girls Said 22

• i wear makeup that looks good on me

• I wore black eyeliner most of my life but recently decided to stop using it so much as I found it can make my face look more "harsh". I prefer to just no eyeliner on my bottom part of my eye but I still use black on my top part. I do white eyeliner usually for my lower eye part. I've never seen very color looks though so it's hard for me to visualize what it will look like in person.

• I'm guessing you like the pops of colours? I think it's always nice to try different colours. I think maybe some girls are hesitant to try different colours, because it either doesn't suit them, or doesn't suit their skin tone. Like a pink matte lipstick wouldn't look good on me but a pinky glossy one would.
    I think just being able to have a colour palette for your skin tone would do a lot of girls wonders! Especially even if they're vibrant, bold colours

• When my hair is freshly dyed (typically a neon or intense unnatural shade) I might wear more colourful things OCCASIONALLY, but overall I actually prefer lighter more natural looking makeup.

• I prefer subtle make up and I also like when only one aspect is eyecatching like in the picture in your update. I don't like anything that looks too unnatural even if it's really well-done.

I like all colors of eyeliner though, including black.

• I like colorful lipstick only. A bright red or coral lipstick on summer season sure looks pretty, and fuchsia pink lipstick on spring is pretty as well. I'm not picky about lip makeup I like just about everything, colorful, dark, or nude. In general I prefer subtle makeup with neutral undertones, it goes well with everything and you can never go wrong with it. I even find that nude lipsticks look better. Take a look at runway makeup, if it's not an avant garde or eccentric runway show, the makeup artists usually use neutral subtle makeup on the models. It's more classy and trendy. Colorful makeup palettes remind so much of kid's makeup, or the makeup palette I used to have back when I was 11.

• I know that for case, colorful is too bold and out there for me. Because I'm quiet and shy, so having colorful makeup is like bringing attention to myself. So props to u because I like seeing YT tutorial about it. But I don't think I can pull it off

• 8d

I too think I can't pull off too colourful make up.

For example, I like this look www.bing.com/.../search

The simple beautiful shade of orange gives such a nice look.

But if make up was too colourful, I think the appeal fades away sort of. Yellow lipstick etc. would not be something I'd like wearing.

I would not like something like this for example www.bing.com/.../search

Too much colour even though the make up artist did a great job at putting the make up on her eye to have a dramatic effect.

• 8d

Yea I go for lipsticka colors that are close to my natural lip color. Because I tried having red lipstick with orange hint and I felt so weird about it 😅 like is pretty but doesn't fit me. Because even tho I'm 19 I have a babyish face so it looked weird on me.

But for me this also too colorful:
      s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...aaa67e4e25.jpg

• Depends on the situation. For work, neutral. For going out at night, colorful

• 8d

Agree 100% with this. I guess for work purposes, I usually wear very little make up. Mainly just straight hair and powder.

I realize now my attitude towards work is sort of wrong (look-wise). I think it's very much possible to look nice/polished and still do a great job professionally, as in it's not wrong to enjoy dressing up well

• If I do wear make up, I always do the natural look
    brown eye liner, brown eye shadow, mascara, and like pink lip gloss or maybe another color but as long it's lip gloss.

• like red lips and winged liner

• yea sure
    I am dark so the contrast fits me

• Colourful looks like clown to me. I prefer subtle makeup.

• I wear all different kinds of make up, from subtle to colorful:)

• As long as it's tasteful and super cute :)

• Subtle. Literally only wear concealer Under my eyes and put eyeliner on

• I like subtle makeup

• Depends on the occassion.. i can be very ott with colours but the main thing is dont look like a drag queen ( no offence to anyone) just my guide... x

• ı dont like make up

• Sometimes

• I feel like only one thing should pop at a time, otherwise you start looking gaudy. For example, if you're gonna make your eyes pop with colorful eyeliner/shadow, then have a nude lip, or if you're going to wear a dark purple lipstick (which I do sometimes), then keep everything else minimal.

I'm not a fan of makeup for me personally (just because I don't feel like taking the time to do it, not because I have anything against it), but I do love lipstick. From red to almost black, I love how it makes my lips pop. But like I said, I keep everything else super minimal (I only do my eyebrows and put on mascara).

• No, I like it subtle.

• Colorful make up is really pretty and I like it but only on others since I don't like wearing it on the regular...