Makeup problem, how do you do a smokey eye?

I was watching a tutorial, on YouTube, on how to do the smokey eye thingy.
I realized I don't know half the stuff she was talking about.

Like what the heck is a consiler? Y. Y
Set my eyes? Huh? O. o
How do I know what colors to use? She didn't mention that. ㅠ. ㅠ
She isn't the only one I watched, but she is the only one who makes a little sense. X_X
How do you do the smokey eye? I am confused. ( '-')

7d FYI...
I barely know a thing about makeup. The only thing I usually use is lipstick, or lip gloss.

What Guys Said 7

• don't waste your time with these videos, there are easier solutions to look pretty

leeswammes.files.wordpress.com/.../grocery-bag.jpg

• concealer
    it conceals

conceal dont feel dont let them know

• Smokey eye is basically just a gradient eye shadow. She didn't mention any colors because the color choice is up to you, you'd want one medium shade and one darker shade. Before applying it though, you'd want to apply concealer which is used to hide blemishes and dark spots like the ones people get under their eyes. Keep in mind I'm a dood so women correct me if I'm wrong.

• I do not how to do it, but do something like this

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...bafc02bde1.jpg

• Im not an expert, but I think you would just have to apply layers to make a gradient look. I don't know the make up, but you could Google the things she's saying lol

• Hold your face over a fire and let the smoke hit your eye, for that natural look.

• Get a proffesional makeup artist to teach you it

What Girls Said 13

• 1) *concealer is basically to hide all the blemishes on your face. It's a good idea to put some on your eye lid so you have a blank canvass to start with :)
    2) Setting your eyes with loose powder or pressed powder ensures that the concealer doesn't clump up. If you put JUST concealer on, you tend to get lines in the crease of your eyelid. So just brushing some powder on and leaving for about 5 minutes does the job
    3) You basically do a transition from lighter colours on the outside and crease to darker colours down on along your eye lashes. And blend blend blend until you get the look you're after.

Just give it a play around and see if you like it and if it suits you. I'm not sure about what colours to get but maybe just pop into your local drugstore or wherever sells make up and see what eye shadow palletes they have available. Often you can get palettes which say 'Smokey eye eyeshadow pallette'. Maybe start with something like this to begin with :)

• You start by putting the neutral color on the whole eyelid (this is the color which is slightly lighter than your natural color) then on the outer corner of your eyelid you start with a darker color (make like an horizontal "V" on your eyelid at the outer corner ). Then blend these 2 colors together. This second color may be a grey, or slightly purple to black, or brown or... depends on the colors you want to use for that makeup. Not to dark, not too light. You're blending it from the outer corner to your inner corner but not until you reach the inner corner, just like until the middle if the eyelid and insist on the crease (just make sure that those colors are very well blended). Then you put the darkest color on the outer corner and do the same (just this time put a little bit of color and extend it just a little to the inside... like you did with the second, but not until the middle, ok?).
    Make sure you have blending brush. Add primer on the eyelid and on the brow bone as well. On the brow bone you will use a highlighting color.
    I hope I explained a little haha.

• Concealer is a tool that conceals flaws, like I conceal under my eyes because they're naturally darker because I don't sleep well. Concealer is like a heavier foundation. It brightens blemishes and eyebags and makes you look awake.

Setting" makeup means making it so that it doesn't move. It's like a top coat, you can use a setting powder or spray. Since we're black we use different shades to show up on skin better, like don't use tan if you want it to show up well. I didn't know much about makeup either but watching makeup tutorials helps a lot.

• Concealer: beige stuff to make your skin look nice if you do it well and cakey if you do it like most people.
    Setting your eyes: this makes that the makeup stays where it should be for longer.
    Which colours: use something close to the ones she used, or use your own. It'll work with different colours as long as you put their darkness in the same order. Usually they tell you exactly which products they use though.

• Concealer is what you use to cover acne and other imperfections

Setting your eye would be like using a primer

You can use any colors but grey and back or brown and dark brown would be typical.

You put a lighter color on the lid and then blend the darker color into your crease. You also add a lighter color like white or cream under your brow snd in the inner corners

• ı dont do mke up

• Set ur eyes means eye primer. And it depends on ur skin tone. But u should watch other YTtutorials because some teach u things that others don't.

• I've never been able to do smokey eye, I'm rubbish at eyeshadow in general. But I know that you need to put a light colour in the inner corner and then a darker shade on the outer part, and blend it out so it looks "smokey".

• Just make a gradient with a couple of shades and work your way up.

• well there are tons of video

• I don't know I always look like i got a black eye when I try

• go to a makeup store r and ask them

• 1|0