Is there such a thing as 'an ugly guy'?

Is there such a thing as 'an ugly guy'?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. But not because of his appearance, because of his personality. I know this one guy that thinks he's better than everyone and he shows it too. He's so arrogant and cocky. He makes me really really really p*ssed off. I usually wish others good things, but with this guy I really hope he gets hit by a bus or something. His attitude is just horrible

• I saw a guy yesterday who was arrogant like a motherf*cker. He was telling these people jobs what a lowlife job they were working. I told him that he was a douche and told him that these people were intelligent and worked these jobs for their own reasons. Dude was speechless. Off topic but just had to say that.

• HEY!!! is this guy italian???

What Girls Said 16

• guys aren't ugly in my eyes unless they're creepy and cheat and lie and are immoral in general. I don't judge a guy mainly on how he looks however decent grooming is a basic thing and as long as he's trying his best to look approachable, that would be good.

• Yeah there is. Could range from looks, or to personality. I could think a guy is really good looking, then when he opens his mouth to talk, I could switch off just like that. It can make it or break it for me. So yeah, there is such thing as ugly, just depends on the person.

• Good answer. so it depends on what personality you are, right? so basically how you talk is how the guy should talk?

• Well if somebody is the lest attractive to mainstream society then ,why those it matter?

you cants alway get buy with your looks

• By ugly I'm assuming you are referring physical attractiveness.

No, there are no ugly guys just as there are no ugly girls. Physical attraction is dependent on a person's personal preferences. I've thought guys were extremely attractive (physically) while my friends thought they were 'weird' looking.

• This is comforting. I have a confession to make though. I have been through the same feeling were I may think someone is hot, but in fear of friends opinions have opted not to approach. How do you get past that?

• I think a lot of that has to do with personal insecurities and not being totally comfortable with yourself. I was that way at one point to, but I think you just need to realize that you're friends WILL have different opinions and personal tastes than you, it's a fact of life. That's why it only matters what you think of the girl's physical attractiveness because you're the only one who would be in relationship with that person. Physical attraction always has been and always will be subjective.

• You can be a supermodel and be ugly because your personality stinks... and you can be a not so attractive person, but your personality makes your beautiul...

Looks aren't everything and only gets you so far. I know many people that can probably get who ever they want just by going off of their looks, but because of their personality they haven't been able to keep the other person happy within a relationship.

• I like what you say. I'm going to work on myself, so I can be everything I want and need to be, so when it comes down to it, The One will never leave my side.

• Amen.... bless you!

• A lot of super models have hight cheeks full lips round hips but no soul ;)

• Yes.

Sorry but, while reading through the previous responses to this thread, I thinking I threw up a little in my mouth. Gimme a break. Stop being so contrived. Of course there are ugly people! We've evolved to be attracted to people who are healthy. People who don't look healthy, therefore, are considered ugly. People with bad skin, bad teeth, too fat, too thin, greasy hair, cock-eyed, bad breath, ingrown nails, ingrown hair, rosacea, etc all look unhealthy and are therefore not good candidates for mates. Nobody wants their baby to be cock-eyed, etc.!

If you're worried about yourself being ugly there is a solution. Just get healthy. And buff. Work out. Buy well-fitting, simple clothes. Be well-groomed and clean. Make yourself into a confident, successful person. This will get you very, very far.

• I think I do the best I can with my health. I exercise often, I buy well fitted clothes, am well groomed and clean and confident when I need to be. I haven't achieved a lot of success so far, but I'm working towards that. It's just some days I feel down, and I correlate that with my looks. I never see girls smile at me, nor am complimented. I approach with confidence yet nothing ever comes of it. I try and say to myself that it's not them and it's me. I improve yet, I still haven't found her.

• Your right..."well fitted clothes"

like what is well fitted? see I have a problem with that... Cause I think well fitted is kinda tight.. Now if I wear well fitted / kinda tight clothes my package that I was blessed with shows alot. I am not trying to talk garbage but this bothers me. Really what is well fitted to you? Please give me an example of clothes you wear that's well fitted and why... Any answer would help!

• I assume you mean that, when you wear tight pants, people can see a bulge in your pants? Here's a link to a pair of pants that is about as tight as you can get away with: http://www.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=7041&vid=1&pid=683783

Any tighter than that, and you might as well be wearing spandex. Super tight jeans look ridiculous and uncomfortable. Definitely not sexy or cool.

Shirts, sweaters, jackets should sit comfortably on your waist and the sleeves should end at your wrist.

Questions?

• As b.s. as it sounds, ugly is in the eye of the beholder. So, there is a the same amount of chance for a guy to be "ugly" as there is for a woman to be "ugly".

• 50/50. I never thought of it this way. You're insight has shook me up.

• I know there are guys better looking then me but I am not ashamed of it... I treat them as equal as me...

• Yes and no.

Someone can be not attractive to you but really atractive to someone else.

Also you can be the hottest person alive and still be ugly inside.

• Now I get it, looks only last for so long.

• I just think people need to be more then a pretty face. I want someone to talk to and who can keep my interest intellectually not just physically.

• I agree with you.... oh and BTW your eyes are awesome :D

• Are there ugly girls? There are guys that are ugly to some girls, and gorgeous to others, just like girls are to guys. Everyone is beautiful to someone, and ugly to another. But yes, some guys are ugly to some girls. We judge you just like you judge us. Not to sound mean, but it's true.

• Honesty is good. I like 'Eveyone is beautiful to someone....' That's good.

• I agree with you here.. now the question is how we can tell you like us? because usually girls have to submit to a guy. meaning girls always "wear the pants." understand?

• Guys are "ugly" if they are nasty, selfish, stupid and egomaniacs

and if they have no manners and don't know the word cultivated.

It's not so much about the look really.

• So to be a great guy I have to not be nasty, selfish, stupid and an egomaniac. I have to have manners and know the word cultivated. Also I can't be boring. Phew. That is a hard act to follow.

• Sadly for some it is :) not everyone takes those things for granted!

• Your right about todays over abundance of products.... looking healthy is fake... the only make-up I like in girls is a little eye make-up.

• Nope. Everyone has a different tastes when it comes to that.

I could find you hot, while another finds you unattractive.

• So is unattractive, ugly or what? What is the difference?

• Nope, there are no ugly guys (in the physical sense, at least). There are plenty of guys (and girls) with "ugly" hearts. There may be a guy I'm not attracted to, but that says nothing about the guy. I'm just not attracted.

• There are ugly people, but the saying is certainly true, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. What may be attractive to one person could be totally wrong for another, it just depends.

• I agree with what you're saying 'Diversity'. It's an ancient wooden ship. HAHA. Ron Burgundy. Search it! Thanks yous!

• I think all humans are beautiful people, I think there are ugly behaviors, habits, styles, but deffinitly not people. No way.

• No such thing!

• Why is it that guys never get told they are cute or good looking? Guys have been sucked into looking a certain way, just as the girls. Why should they be left out in the dark. They need help too

• I didn't think guys liked being called cute....Wrong?

• I really do not find guys ugly unless they are fat I know that sounds shallow but I can't help myself

• uhh yeah. don't tell me you've never seen what you thought was an ugly girl right? well yeah there are guys we think are ugly too. usually the most unattractive people are those who don't take care of themselves and keep themselves up. everyone is not good looking. some people hit the genetic loterry and are better looking naturally, but that's fine because every girl is not gorgeous either. but you can make good with what you have.

but attitude can make someone ugly too. I have met guys (and girls) who are very good looking but from how they treat people and act makes me see them as ugly. like if I just saw a random picture of them, I would think they're attractive...but if I have to be around them a lot and I see the true ugliness from inside it just makes me view them differently and I look at them in a negative light so they are less attractive to me after knowing them

• I do see 'ugly' (unattractive) girls some days. But I feel really bad about it sometimes, like I don't give them a chance, based on their looks. It's a bit superficial.

• No it's not. You don't have to give everyone a chance, you gotta have some standards. If I don't think a guy is attractive I wouldn't date him. It's not like I wouldn't be around him or speak to him, but I wouldn't give him a chance far as relationship. Everyone wants someone they're attracted to, even the 'ugly' people lol

• Nice answer! now my question for you is what if a guy has a nice tee shirt and shorts on and then he wears "timberland steel toe boots?" aka sshhiitt kickers? if you seen him out at a club would his choice of footwear turn you off so then that means you would not give him a chance?

What Guys Said 6

• Women don't use 'beautiful' and 'ugly', they use 'hot' and 'creepy' ;-)

• i don't think there's ugly at all

People have different tastes some cloth might be ugly to you but it is very good looking to others , same goes with guys you might think they are very ugly but the person next to you might find him very attractive ;)

• absolutly .. have you ever googled ugly guy?

-deathecutioner

• I answered most of the answers on here... This is a great question... I enjoyed it! Good luck and keep trying ...Never EVER give up friend...

• Yes there is, I'm living proof. It's just bad luck from the genetic lotery

• That's a bit harsh bru. Don't make yourself out to be a victim. You're strong, you're better than that.

• Um, I am living proof of that. So yeah we exist, same with ugly girls