Makeup or No Makeup?

Makeup is one of my many passions. I would even consider my career being a makeup artist, I've improved my skills so much and love trying new, bold looks. Makeup gives me confidence, without it I don't feel the slightest bit pretty or good about myself. Since I usually do very dramatic makeup, it tends to make me look older-I'm 14 and sometimes look 18. I'm wondering what guys prefer, girls who do wear a lot of makeup or girls that are all natural and just themselves? I fear that I will never get any guys' attention unless I'm looking my best and am all made up, but I know that some guys do prefer natural over makeup, just curious how many.

What Guys Said 3

• I don't think that most guys like dramatic makeup. I do think makeup is important and is definitely a serious art. That's why there are so many makeup gurus on YouTube and it has actually coincided perfectly with the huge run up in asset prices with makeup stocks (L'Oreal, Sally Beauty, Ulta, etc.) Makeup is a huge, huge deal right now!

That said, I truly believe that when someone says that someone wears "too much makeup", what's really happening is that the woman that they're looking at simply puts on makeup poorly. Someone who puts on makeup correctly should look like they slept really well the previous night. Guys will say that they like a women with no makeup but the truth is, the women that they think are wearing very little makeup typically have plenty of makeup on -- they just know how to put it on.

• 3d

It definitely is a huge thing right now, the makeup industry has been expanding a lot. The looks that I cal dramatic are usually winged eyeliner, I just love the look of it. I'm still learning myself, so I'm never afraid to experiment and go through the day with the look but still, it is refreshing lately that I have been going more natural. It gives my face and eyes a break and is just so much more subtle and toned down. Thank you for your opinion :)

• A natural pretty face beats all. Then its a natural pretty face with a bit of makeup. Heavy make up (pretty or not) is always a major turn off for me.

• I'd say all natural is better. To me natural is always better, but if you can do makeup so well that it doesn't look like you're wearing makeup, then props to you.

What Girls Said 1

• I think something in between like natural/light make up, or something that highlights what's already there and a more dramatic look just on special occasions (clubbing, parties, weddings)

• 3d

Thank you for your advice :) Latelt I have only been doing dramatic makeup occasionally and more so natural looks for everyday.