How to get rid of chronic cystic acne?

Its not severe, but its pretty bad. I will finally clear my face and have nothing but red marks like for two days out of the month, then it goes back to normal again. I get pimples on either sides of my face so I never put my hair up. It can be seen through makeup if I'm not constantly reapplying. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I wash my face twice a day with oxy pads and spectro. I don't exfoliate much because it worsens my acne or makes my skin flake all over my face. What do I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• See a dermatologist, if you can. Puberty is the major cause of any acne condition. If you can't see a doctor, you can use benzoyl peroxide as an over the counter treatment. Ask a pharmacist at your local drug store for a recommendation. of what to use and how to use it. Don't wash your face more than once a day and use a gentle soap, such as Cetaphil.

Good luck!

• How would I be able to find a dermatologist, through my doctor! And do you need a prescription for most acne medications? I've never understood if you had to

• Your doctor may be able to diagnose your acne condition and give you a prescription. If not, your doctor should refer you to a dermatologist. If you don't get a prescription for acne medication, you can purchase over the counter medications at your drug store. Ask the pharmacist what is the best to use.

Most Helpful Girl

• You could stop putting makeup on your face, for one thing. It is very bad for the skin and will clog your pores, resulting in more acne. Also, you definitely need a good face wash, proper daily hydration, and perhaps some lotion for when the face wash dries your skin. By hydration, I mean that you should drink plenty of water, because it can benefit your skin and health in the long run.

I've never had bad acne (just terrible blackheads), so what works for me may not work for you. Every time I take a shower, I wash my face with Clearasil Ultra. Lately, I've also been splashing cold water on my face and using pore strips. (They kind of work, but not really. I'm going to try a charcoal mask next for my blackheads.) I can feel small bumps in places, but I don't have any big pimples, and it isn't very noticeable. You could give it a try.

Whatever you do, just don't apply makeup. I figured out the hard way that it looks DISGUSTING on a face with acne. That's just the harsh truth. Natural skin looks better than the obvious fake coating. Besides, it can make your acne worse. I suggest cleansing your face every day when you wake up and when you get home from school. You don't have to always use a face wash... Just wash your face a little with water to clear up the pores.

• I can't give up makeup right now. My face looks much worse withoutbmakeup. My friends never noticed I had bad acne until I took my makeup off. Its super red and usually cystic but I'm extremely good at hiding them. Water doesn't help my face, its in my DNA. My brother and mother both had bad acne ad teenagers, its in my DNA. I need a tjreally good cleabser I try to drink at least four glasses of water a night sometimes more

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 1

• Do NOT put makeup over acne. It is awful for your skin and makes it worse. Exfoliating will help even if it does make your skin flaky for a while. It will go away. If it is really bad then you should see a dermatologist who may prescribe you a cream and antibiotics or accutane depending on severity.

• My acne isn't noticeable with makeup. I can't stop wearing It until I'm comfortable enough. Exfoliating actually makes me breakout more and ends up making everything worse. I think I need some medicine for it

• If it gets worse then you are being way too harsh. Exfoliating is just to remove dead skin, not to irritate the skin.

What Girls Said 1

• Have you tried going to a dermatologist? Checking or hormonal imbalance?
    I had severe cystic acne but I had to go on Accutane for it.

• I haven't gone to a dermatologist, I have never been sure how that works honestly. And also, I'm not sure if you have to pay in Canada or if its covered by the government. I've never tried medication for it

• Try looking into seeing a dermatologist.