What is smart casual clothing?

so for my office/workplace Christmas party, they said to dress smart casual. It's held at a hotel.

however I don't know what smart casual is. I'm worried I'd dress either too fancy or way too casual.

if you guys could help me out that would be awesome. It would be even better if you posted pictures.

Updates:
Bump

0|0

Most Helpful Girl

Have an opinion?

What Guys Said 2

• Nothing to showy and a little class is nice... unless you dress like a hooker or a tramp how you normally dress for a girls night out would be fine I'm sure

0|0
    0|0
    • I always dress with class but what's too much and what's too little. It's so hard

• Smart casual just means no suits or evening dress needed as far as I'm concerned and going a little smarter is better than the opposite. If you dress with taste as I reckon you do I'm sure you will be a knockout :)

What Girls Said 9

• A little black dress works for almost every occasion. Better to dress up than down
    img.shein.com/.../...9607871_thumbnail_405x552.jpg

1|0
    0|0
  • I'd wear some slacks and a nice cable knit sweater and a flannel underneath, or maybe a longer dress (to the knees at least) with sleeves and low heels/ flats. Be conservative with the accessories too.

I would post pictures for you but my xper level won't allow.

0|0
    1|0
    • It's summer here so we'd with sweaters and what not

• Die*

• Damn, that would be super classy too. Well then I'd definitely go with a dress if you like. Or maybe still wear slacks but with a thinner button down or something.

• first off, when in doubt dress more up than down. smart casual would be a cocktail dress, nice skirt and button down or khakis, For guys it could be a blazer and nice jeans or pants. no tee shirts or tank tops, jeans with rips, flip flops, shorts (not sure about your climate)

0|0
    0|0
  • t-shirt n jeans

0|0
    1|0
    • Wouldn't that just be casual! I believe all the females at the office will be wearing dresses

• but you must feel comfortable at the party - if u dont care others wear comfortable clothes

• Probably a nice black turtleneck sweater with some opaque tights would be perfect.

0|0
    0|0
  • It means, "Try to look like Hillary Clintstone's television outfit."

0|0
    0|0
  • A little black dress is the best bet.

0|0
    0|0
  • Dress fancy is always better than underdress

0|0
    1|0
    • Hmm but at the same time I don't want to be the odd one out

• Just wear a red or black (or whatever colour) tight dress, it's not too fancy not to casual. It's cute too

0|0
    0|0