How often do you stare at yourself in the mirror?

The other day I had an epiphany, and correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think men stare at themselves in the mirror as often as women. So anyways as look at myself in the mirror I'm saying to myself "damn I'm a handsome dude" but the more I looked at myself the more I started to notice little thinks like aging and other stuff. Then it dawn on me "could the reason why women have body image issues be because they are constantly looking at themselves in the mirror and pointing out all there flaws? Especially when you consider that you have to look at yourself to put on makeup. You're never going to look at yourself and walk away thinking that your perfect.

Anyways how often do you look at it yourself in the Mirror? My answer is yearly by they way because I rarely ever stare at my face in the mirror.

• Once a day
    87%(20)85%(23)Vote75%(3)
  • Once a week
    9%(2)7%(2)Vote0%(0)
  • Once a month
    0%(0)0%(0)Vote0%(0)
  • Once a year
    4%(1)8%(2)Vote25%(1)

Most Helpful Girl

• Not very often. I, too, noticed the same thing you pointed out. The more you look at yourself the more issues you find. Most people won't look that hard at you so why bother doing it yourself eh?

Most Helpful Guy

• I looked at a mirror once... it filed a restraining order

Sponsored

What Girls Said 17

• once a day or less :(

• i don't stare at myself. i check my face after i've washed it to make sure there's no residue, and i use the mirror to floss my teeth. i have to see my teeth in order to floss, but i only look at my teeth.

and as someone who used to wear makeup, i can personally say that that is not the reason women have body image issues. whenever i put on makeup, my mind would kind of go blank as i moved the various tools around my face. i wasn't focusing on what i looked like. i was focusing on not making a mess. body image issues are conditioned into women from a young age, and i used to look at myself a lot because i did not fit the required weight standard. now i don't find it necessary.

• Is it even possible to put on makeup and not focus on what you look, how do you know if you've done it right.

• of course it is. you can pay attention to how you are putting it on, and what part you are putting it on. the only difference is you disconnect that part of your brain that analyzes how you look. i can look at myself without doing that easily, but not every girl does.

• everyday i look at myself in the mirror i never tire of looking at myself... how else is a girl supposed to get dressed if she doesn't look at herself in the mirror? put on make up... a guy doesn't do any of those things 1/2 of them hardly have any hair and the other 1/2 of them hardly get dressed if you count wearing baggy sweats getting dressed.

• I try to keep it to a minimum. Like when I'm getting ready or in a bathroom. I think I'm more confident when I don't know what I look like. If I look, in the mirror, I'm going to see something wrong and it will be bother me for the rest of the day.

• Lolol A LOT, I even check my reflection in windows when I walk along the street & I'm usually utterly disgusted by what is looking back at me.

• I picked once a day but it's actually many times a day.

• Do you think that's healthy?

• Well I never look at myself in the mirror unless it's to see if my lips are chapped or if my hair is crazy

• I'm selfconscious about my face do I always have to check to make sure rest of me looks okay.

• I choice once a day because that was the closest to my answer. I look at myself in the mirror every time I pass by one. Not only that, but I will stand in the mirror and think "You look good today". But then I stare longer and then I start to see all of my flaws. It's a bad habit actually. I broke it before, but it always comes back.

• Once a day when I do my make-up. Although I have many mirrors in my house for decorative purposes I rarely look in them.

• Honestly a fairly decent amount. It actually improves my body image. Looking at your muscle definition, putting on make up, doing hair are all to make you feel better about yourself.

• I only look at the mirror when im combing my hair, applying face moisturizer and brushing teeth.

I dont go out of my way to see myself in the mirror. If I passby a mirror, sure i'd take a glance.

• Everyday when I do my makeup lol

• every day it's a problem

• Ngl a couple times a day. I need to track my glow down.

• More than once a day

• More than once a day.

• I look in the mirror fairly often, but it's usually just a quick glance to make sure I don't have crazy hair, etc. Occasionally I'll catch myself staring for a while, but I try to avoid it because I get really nitpicky when I do

• several times a day, I just can't help it 😐 but I do like myself flaws and all lol I don't see them as flaws, I think we can project what we see and most people will buy it

What Guys Said 7

• Once a day too wash/shave my face and brush my teeth...

• Too often

• The mirror is for shaving, and that's about it.

• I look waaaaay to much at myself in the mirror.

• Probably everyday, I usually take time to tweeze my unibrow haha. Brush my teeth etc

• When i see a. mirror.

• I could honestly, no joke spend hours looking at myself in the mirror just flexing and smiling. I usually look at myself whenever i can eg reflective glass, mirrors anything