My hair won't GROW, what should I do?

I have not had a hair cut in three years. Literally, no over exaggeration. When I got it cut it got layered, thinned out, and of course cut. Ever sincethen my hair has barely grown two inches. I used tothink it was because I used a lot of heat on my hair but the past 6 months I blow dry and straighten my hair maybe once a week. But it still qont grow. Its been three years, my hair should be down to my butt right Now. Its barely even past my shoulders though. I don't wanna get a hair cut becausei feel like it still isn't gonna grow any and I don't want it to be short for a long time. I don't know what I should do about this. Someone pleassse help!!

Most Helpful Guy

• 28 years ago, I had a roommate who was in the same situation. Her hair would just get bushier so - not longer - so she'd pixie-cut it at times. However, when we became FB friends several years ago, I was shocked that her hair grew long. I asked her about it and she said that it just grew - something happened and she could grow it long. Likely, this will happen to you too.

Most Helpful Girl

• Go to a physician, it might be a dietary issue. Vitamin B, D, and iron shortages cn cause hair growth issues. It might be that it is growing, but it is weak and breaking off as fast as it grows out. Make sure you are giving it proper care to keep it from getting dry and breaking.

Also, try getting regular trims, it can get rid of the weak ends and while it doesn't mke your hair grow faster, cutting off the weak ends every couple months can help you get longer hair because it breaks off less often. Also, shampoo less often, condition more, cut back on hot dry and curling irons.

• This girl knows what she's talking about. Do that!

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 3

• Hair has a natural maximum length it will grow to and this is determined by genetics. Individual hairs can grow for a period, but once they reach the end of their growth cycle they'll fall out and start again. Maybe that's the longest your hair can naturally grow to.

• I hear home remedies like coconut oil is good for your hair. Lot things is the reason why our hair doesn't grow good , it can be hereditary causing it not
    to grow.

• the more you do to your hair, the more and faster you kill it

What Girls Said 3

• 0|0
  • Go talk to hairdresser and see if they have any thoughts. My roots show a few weeks after dying it

• Do you dye your hair? Also, your hair needs to be trimmed, otherwise it will keep breaking off and it's going to be full of split ends.