Guy be truthful, which is better, looks or personality?

question says pretty much all. I'm not ugly but I'm not pretty either. I find that men immediately treat me like a guy friend just because I don't have the sexy "girl" looks. I have a great personality tho, very outgoing, funny, adventurous, loyal, and sweet. somehow tho I'm thinking that doesn't really win men over. truthfully, what is your opinion. this is more for guys but girls are free to comment.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've thought about this particular question for a very long time, and I've come to the conclusion of "neither". For me, there is either a click or there isn't. You can find a girl who is physically attractive in every way possible to me, and there is a chance I would not want to be in a relationship with her. You can find a girl who personality wise is great. Nice, funny, smart, all of the good qualities, and there is a chance I would not want to be in a relationship with her. And finally, you can combine -both- of those, and have a girl is incredibly attractive, and a very caring, nice, etc, and I would -still- not want to be in a relationship with her. Why? Because if I don't feel right about dating her, I feel no spark, no chemistry, then I wouldn't want to be in a relationship with her, regardless of any other quality that can possibly be thought of.

To me, it all comes down to how I feel. If I feel something in between us, that is what's going to draw me in. Nothing else.

• Ok ... this should be the best answer because he is right dead on!!! its all about the clicking!

• Spot on

What Guys Said 8

• Personality! Initially looks get guys to take a look, but if the guy has any depth and any maturity he soon realizes all looks and no personality doesn't work.

My advice is to always do your best to look your best. Eventually you will run into a guy who sees you for what you really are -- a good catch. Also don't hesitate to ask a guy out when you find one that puts a little more value on who you really are.

Good luck!

• Why choose? Some women have both.

For relationships, I would say that looks are overrated, as long as we are at least attracted somewhat its "good enough". Sadly most of the time, you'll be noticed a lot less frequently if there's a lot of "sexy girls(to put it in your words)" around you.

• Personality over looks.

I've had both in my life and honestly, personality prevails in my mind. I dated a knockout blond with the most amazing body / face. Although she was incredible in bed and would do anything to please me, I found that that was pretty much all I liked about her. It's probably all men like about her. She was not too bright and lacked common sense. He sense of humor was dry and half the time she just didn't get my jokes. As crazy as this sounds, I got sick of it.

• Personality wins over looks in long run. Don't get me wrong looks are important because that's usually the first thing that attracts you to a person. But most of the time if your attract to someone not because of the way they look its because you got to know the person personality. I rather be in a relationship with a women that's average looking with a great personality then with a supermodel with no personality and sense. But if its for sex then line up the supermodels with no sense.(sorry I'm still a man...lol)

• I like personality over looks. A lot of times the girl might not seem like the sexiest girl to me but once you know them and like them, they can look better to me. But you have to be somewhat attracted to the person to want to go further with them. That attraction can come from their personality as long as the person takes the time to get to know them.

• i like a decent looking girl with a great personality... looks are only short term but personality lasts and is much deeper and with you it is just how you present yourself and if you act like a guy...maybe if you weren't in the "friend zone" with them then they may be more into you

• Personality.. but you also have to have at least a tiny bit of physical attraction to keep the relationship's sex life going..

• heres my judgement mode, every guy goes for looks as do girls even if they do say its personality that counts but the one thing I've been more aware of is if you put your own personality talent to the face it becomes more attractive quality in someones emotions. you just have to find that spark that people can relate to you.

i have yet to find mine but think of it this way, you know that guy who sings over the rainbow, he's a big man but after hearing his over women love him, its about sparking that emotion in someone, I fell for one chubby girl awhile back because she blew me away because she was such a free spirit, talked about god knows what, she talked about sex like guys do and she was always happy and giggly, how ever that sparked my emotional interest it worked.

so there you have it

What Girls Said 4

• looks will certainly attract you to the other person, but if there is that dreadful awkward silence because there is no "connection" after a few dates, then continuing it is pointless unless there is only a mutual interest in the "physically intimate" part of the relationship. to me humor, with and intelligence keeps the spark going a lot further than a washboard abs, lol, but its true. personality and charm always win! :)

• They all say, looks are what attract men, personality is what keeps them with you. I've always thought: what if you're not good looking at ALL, but you got a great personality.

I don't know a lot of guys who would even make the effort to understand your personality. Its this whole mentality of thinking that there's always someone more "perfect" out there for you. Everyone believes that.

Its Bull, but its true. I don't think I helped you at alll.

• So basically ur saying I'm f***ed hahahah thanks. its really helpful to know I'm not pretty and that people won't care about my personality either.

• There is something good in this tho. There will always be someone who thinks you're good looking. Someone that isn't considered traditionally hot in America, could be the epitome of beauty in another country.

Personality always matters. those dumb, hot bitches?? They go through boyfriends like shoes,

All these boyfriends, will at some point realize that there are better girls out there in this world, and its not always about looks.

• that's a hard question!

i really can't be with someone unless I'm attracted to them!

but then again hot people can be JERKS!

and sometimes you can't withstand a great personailty

• i think looks initially attract, but they can really only take you soo far

just try to find their interests, flirt it up a bit, show them that you're fun, easy to talk to, but can have a sexy side too!