Are you insecure about your looks even though people tell you you're attractive? If so, why?

1|1
10|15

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been critical about myself, though people assume I'm totally self assured. I remind myself constantly that not looking perfect is very much a part of life, and that it doesn't mean there's anything wrong with me. I actively just try to work on what I can change and accept what I can't. What else can ya do?

0|0
    0|0
Sponsored

What Guys Said 15

• Yes, only a few call me attractive. It's because I see my flaws, I have no jawline, and have a double chin (even when I wasn't overweight I had a double chin). Also my teeth are discolored because of something that happened when I was young. And since I notice these, they stand out and look much worse than they actually are. So I don't see myself as attractive.

0|1
    0|0
  • Yeah, i'm insecure about my looks, no one has ever said it before so if someone tells me now, i'm going to think they are trying to make fun of me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Umm sort of. I go between thinking Im hot, ugly, and average. Im insecure about my weight, the fact that im not muscly, that i can't grow a good beard etc

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah my friend only speak ugly and Now I found Asian is third race.

0|0
    0|0
  • When i was 5 my cousins told me i couldnt play with them because i was ugly, then they ran away laughing. I ran to my dad just balling my eyes out. It took a very long time to learn im actually decent looking.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes because in ugly

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah cause i was bullied in my younger years is why i got insecurities.

0|0
    0|0
  • Nope, I have no reason to be insecure about my looks...

0|0
    0|0
  • I'll probably always feel somewhat insecure because I want to constantly better myself.

0|0
    0|0
  • was an ugly duckling up until puberty... then i started getting lots of attention from girls but i found it hard to believe because i was always being teased so i just figured they were still joking

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because I notice my flaws and they are magnified to me. I know this fact, but still feel paranoid

0|0
    0|0
  • i can be, but it's purely because i have features that i don't like

0|0
    0|0
  • Yeah...

0|0
    0|0
  • no ones ever told me I'm attractive.. oh, oops, I lied. a few have, but I know they are lying.

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 9

• i am unattractive and people still say i am... it makes me facepalm each time

0|0
    0|0
  • No. Cuz the only opinion that matters is of myself. And one has to love themselves

0|4
    0|0
  • I am very insecure about my looks. I see the beauty in everyone except me. I am still working on this aspect. I give others the advice to be confident hoping they won't be like me because it sucks. I get compliments, but I always assume they are from pity and are fake.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes, because I still have things I don't like about myself and my confidence level isn't just based off of what people tell me, positively or negatively.

0|0
    0|0
  • I'm not insecure, more like indifferent. I've been told I'm beautiful all my life, so I don't really care if someone thinks I'm ugly :P

0|0
    0|0
  • At times i do

0|0
    0|0
  • because insults always stick with you more than a compliment

0|0
    0|0
  • I am not. My appearance is not of major importance to me, as long as I look healthy.

0|0
    0|0
  • Yes; but I didn't use to be. I developed it after dating a guy that told me that he liked being with someone else other than me sexually.

0|0
    0|0