Is it ok to make hair stiff with hairspray to hold it back?

I'm a guy and have had short hair all my life, until a year or so ago when I decided to grow it out. its almost shoulder length now, but I'm new to having long hair and don't know what to do with it. today I used hairspray to hold it back and out of my face, but I used enough to give my hair a sort of "surface" or something, like the parts I sprayed are kinda stiff and in a single piece. is this bad? or is it ok?

Most Helpful Girl

• hairspray is not good for hair.. use it occasionally not everyday

Most Helpful Guy

• There are lots of videos on youtube bout how you can style your hair, check em out and you might find a solution

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Girls Said 3

• That's bad... don't use hairspray to hold it back, Learn how to use bobbypins

• for me I only use hairspray to keep my curls and I never use enough that it makes my hair crunchy. The only time I've ever used that much hairspray was when I was in dance classes and needed to have ballet buns perfect with absolutely no fly aways (weren't allowed to use bobbypins).

• I guess? I wouldn't want to. I'd go wash my hair. But if you are fine with it go ahead.

• k thanks a lot lol

• hairwax?

• I'm a professional men's barber hairspray is fine! I use it every day and on clients

• you can wash it out with shampoo anyway. it won't ruin your hair

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!