Do guys like short hair?

Do you like short hair on girls? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• I like whatever makes the girls looks pretty and normal. The details can vary , i only care about the outcome.

Most Helpful Girl

• Okay, I totally understand why you're asking this, but I hope you don't take any of the guy's answers too seriously. I, of course asked my, at the time (he's now my boyfriend) crush, if he likes short hair or long hair better because I was about to get my hair cut. He told me he likes long hair more. I don't like my hair long because it looks awkward on me. I still cut my hair and his feelings haven't changed at all. I'm more confident now with my hair how I like it and I think that it showed him that I don't make changes in myself for him, and that I do what makes me happy. You should do your hair the way that makes you more confident and dress the way that makes you feel beautiful. Don't change for guys, change for you, and the guys will start lining up. Confidence is a force much greater then beauty in the eye of preference will ever be. Good luck!

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 38

• In general, no. I like longer hair because I associate that with a "womanly" look. Short hair just seems punky or lesbian to me. Now, some styles, such as a bob which goes down to the jaw line or above the shoulders is really sexy.

• Short hair can be nice but it's got to have some shape and color. Girls that just keep it short somehow, or even shave their heads... that's hardly nice.

• It doesn't matter as long as you're confident with it.

• No. 95% of the time it will kill your looks.

• In general, I don't like it, my best preference is a girl who I have never seen with short hair, but when I date a girl with short hair, I prefer her to keep it short.

The reason is I perceive long hair as a higher status, but if I ever saw a girl with short hair, I would always see her status like a short-haired girl, even if she grow it longer, plus the lack of personality that means to me if her hair is sometimes short and sometimes long.

• Not normally for me. It's actually kind of a turn off. But some women can pull it off nicely. Generally I prefer long hair though.

• I prefer long hair. When I was in middle school I liked short hair but that was because I liked a girl with short hair and also it was the late 90's

• Shoulder length or more, not many girls can pull off shorthair

• I don't mind it. However, I prefer somewhat longer hair. It doesn't necessarily need to be real long.

• I generally prefer longer hair on girls (doesn't mean short always looks bad, it's just a preference) and I think the majority of guys feels the same. Doesn't need to be super long but shoulder length+

• I prefer shoulder length or more, but not too long because then it just looks strange. But some girls can look good with short hair, but not that many

• Just depends on the person, some. People look perfectly fine with a pixie cut or so, but not everyone can pull it off.

• I'd have to say no most of the time. Longer hair always looks good on women. If you have short hair you have to have a smaller head/face so it doesn't look odd.

• Mostly no, but some women manage to still look good like that

• rule of thumb no I'm more a mid-long hair preference on girls. there Is always an exemption to the rule but normally I go for longer hair.

• Short or long, doesn't really matter to me

• I love it it's for some reason I like find that a girls face stands out more and girls have pretty faces.

• I like it, can't really tell why. On some girls it looks really sexy. But I also like long hair. I think it really depends on how well the chosen haircut suits her face.

• Not many guys prefer short hair.

I find it the opposite of feminine which is what I like.

• No, not at all. I can't say why, I just find long hair more attractive.

• I prefer long hair on females.

• it really depends. some girls look very hot with shorter hair. i think the best short hair cut is the messy bob

• Depends how short

• I have no problem with it. I kinda prefer longer hair, but I wouldn't mind

• depends on the girl, some can rock it others look better with abit longer hair. same with how guys are. but to me personally short hair doesn't bother me

• Well I prefer girls with short hair, though not like it makes much difference :/
    Though, my girlfriend has short hair and I love it.
    Haven't seen a short-haired girl yet that I didn't like on first look ^^"

• No; long hair is feminine.

• Some people may not like short hair on girls, it always depends on the face and if they can pull it off but personally I like longer hair on females.

• It really depends. It can look really good on some girls and not so great on others. personally I like it either long or short not really in between

• i like medium length hair on a woman honestly

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 3

• If u have short hair it should be because of u and not to get male attention. Guys will like u for u. And like anything in this world. People have different likes.

• no I know, I like having short hair but recently have been growing my hair long and am just curious

• Well again. Do it for u and not for anyone else

• I know I'm thinking about cutting it

• some do.. some dont

• my friend once told me that he finds short hair sexy n long one cute