Tummy Hair

I have hair on my tummy like a strip under my belly button. It makes me uncomfortable so I shave it off. But it grows back.

Does anyone else have this? Will shaving it off make it worse?

Most Helpful Girl

• Oh yes, it is completely natural, it is a tad more irritating if the hair is darker.

If you feel uncomfortable with it I would suggest using mini waxing strips or plucking the hairs, shaving will make it darker and more coarse, and you will get tummy stubble. - Yum.

Don't get too embarrassed about it, it is quite common. It is to do with changes in hormones sometimes I think, but there is hair nearly everywhere on your body (except palms and soles of your feet) so obviously sometimes it is bound to be noticeable.

What Guys Said 2

• I do believe if you shave it, more will come.

I'd wax if I were you.

I nair mine, but I'm a guy.

So I'm sure the rules are different, but I advise against shaving.

Sincerely,

A Loving Black Man

• Yeah, I agree - There's also laser hair removal which permanently destroys the roots, so it can't grow back. My girlfriend has had this done with some areas & she's very happy with it.

• Ah it's good to be a guy (a hairless asian guy at that).

• Lol

but I like that strip from the belly button down.. its sexy on a guy :)

What Girls Said 18

• Have you ever noticed how when a guy shaves his face, a week later it has grown in thicker? It's the same thing with girls. I know a girl who shaves her arms because she's got dark hair on them (and not just her pits either). I've told her that if it bothers her that much, she should wax it, it takes longer to grow back in. So, that being said, if it bothers you that much, wax it. It'll last longer than shaving (which is usually only a day or two). Waxing is your best and cheapest bet for quick and easy hair removal.

• Shaving makes it worse.

I have one too.

It's called a happy trail, for obvious reasons.

I have to shave mine at least once a week. Shaving makes it grow back more thick. Hence, waxing is probably your best bet.

Most hair grows back if you shave it...or wax it.

You don't want it to grow back? Go to a lazer hair removal place.

• I have it too! But I don't mind it at all it's just part of me :) My ex used to call it my treasure trail. :D:D

If you want to get rid of it, don't shave, it does make it much much worse. Either use hair removal cream, or wax it. Hope this helps honey :)

• Shaving makes hair grow back faster, thicker and darker. If you keep shaving you're gonna have a stubbly stomach!

Wax it off, you can get wax strips anywhere which are cheap or you can go to a salon. Another option is finding hair removal cream that is safe to use in that area.

• Wax it.

I'm not going to lie, it will hurt a lot but it's worth it for the smoothness. It eventually hurts less and thins out if you keep at it.

• I do have stomach hair. Don't shave it, it will grow back dark and think like your leg hair. I suggest you don't shave it, maybe wax it even though it's painful.

• Everyone has body hair. I have some on my stomach too. It's not that noticeable unless you look closely but I shave it too. If you started you have to keep on shaving it. If the hair is really dark and you could see it with a glance then you should do something about it. Same thing with chest hair for women. It's not massive but it's disturbing.

• shaving makes it darker and thicker. what I would do is just leave it unless you know ur stomach will be showing or wait til it gets kinda hard to hide then shave it. I pluck my with tweezers tho.

• Yes, I have it too! Shaving it off WILL make is worse, and the hair will actually grow back thicker and darker! My gynecologist actually told me that when your menstrual cycles are irregular it can cause hair to grow in that area!

• Wax it. Shaving will make it worse.

• Shaving makes it more thicker and darker. Shaving = Bad. Either bleach the hair or wax it. I prefer waxing :)

• from what I've heard about shaving which is that when you shave it grows back darker and thicker my guess would be yea it will probably get worse

• shaving = bad haha. nair or wax. or laser it.

• i can't think of any of my girlfriends who have it, but that doesn't mean they don't. it if were me I'd wax or nair it. it lasts longer than shaving so you don't have those stubble issues. good luck!

• no it won't make it worst I use to have a little bit of hair too and shave it and it doesn't make it worst. I promise =]

• I do but it's not a lot just some little pieces here and there. But I love it!

• YES! only I never really not9iced mine until I put on a swimsuit. You can't really see mine. Mine is blonde so it is hard ot see. But it is under my belly button and around it. I only shave it off during bikini season. But if I didn't I don't think anyone would notice because it is so light. And mine grows back blonde too. But I have it so don't feel self conscious about it. =D

• yea I have it too, its not that bad but its annoying as its darker, so I usually bleach it, and then pluck, you can hardly notice it after that.