Corsets-hit or miss for you?

I wear steel boned corsets at least 5 days a week (if not more) for anywhere from 6 to 18 hours a day. at first my hubby didn't care for it. but he has warmed up to the idea bc it makes me happy. I get a lot of negative feedback from people all over telling me I'm hurting myself. I have done the research... i have talked to doctors... i think I would know if I was hurting myself. it's all about listening to your body. men and women how do you feel about it

78

Most Helpful Guy

• if you like it and you feel comfortable wearing it, then wear it and dont care what anyone else says or thinks about that. because in the end, people are gonna judge you anyway.

• people will always judge I'm Suuuuuper weird so I'm. it worries about that. I was just curious what you guys personally thought of corsets

• yep your organs move ever so slightly when you are lacing anywhere from 0-2 inches. not enough to hinder anything. if you were to lace from nothing down to 4 or more inches at once it can cause lightheadedness. I personally put it on and gradually tighten thought-out the day to give my body time to adjust and if I need to loosen I do that too. it takes about 20 min for organs to be settle before you can comfortably tighten more

• okay. pleasee be careful with that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Did it actually do anything for you?

• absolutely! so when I started I was wearing a size 30( the size explains the measurement in inches with it fully closed at the back) at first it helped me lose a little weight as it acts as an external lap band (you can only eat small portions whole laces otherwise your food expands and makes you uncomfortable) so I sized down fairly quickly into a 28, from there my weigh plateaued but my waist uncorseted went from its original 38 down to a 36. from there I closed my 28 and sized down to a 26 where I got my wiast down to a 34. due to Health I stopped for 2 months and reverted to a 36 inch waist uncorseted. so here I am back in a 28 and working at getting smaller again! its a use it or lose it type of thing. it shapes you but if you stop doing it your body spreads back out

Sponsored

What Guys Said 7

• What about being g in a corset do you like?

• I Am very proportionate (my waist is smaller than my bust and hips) but I'm a bit curvy so i like the shape it gives me for sure. i can get a pretty extreme difference in my bust to waist to hip ratio. I like that it helps me control my appetite. Good posture... a lot of things

• K thanks for answering. I like that you enjoy it for more reasons an just vanity.
      Also a lot of people need to work on thier posture looking at cell phones has only made posture worse these days.

• oh I won't lie and say I don't like how I look and I love cinching tighter as I grow accustomed. but it not the only reason. I love historical fashion and this is kind of my homage to that

• If you like it then that's what matters.

• I agree it's a curiosity thing, I don't intend to change. I love how they make me feel (and look) and as far as true waist training it really does work

• Corsets are awesome! Are you waist training? Check out LucyCorsetry! She is the queen of corsetry and she is oh so pretty :). Yes it is all about listening to your body. I'd you like doing it then keep on doing it! I think it's so pretty but I find its super expansive to get a high quality one that's custom. Finally, just tell them that your back has stopped hurting and you'd rather wear a corset than an ugly unsexy back brace. by the way, did you know men wear corsets too? Many look like tight fitting vests and I've seen some men wear them to the Dickens Fair where I live :)

• If you are comfortable. Then good for you babe

• comfortable depends on the day lol but I listen to my body and loosen or don't wear it if I'm uncomfortable

• Certain outfits all goods. Nothing extreme though.

• SLAG

• yeah, people also say the same thing about heels, yet, they keep wearing them

What Girls Said 6

• Love them, along with anything retro/vintage-dresses, lingerie, hosiery, shoes, etc. Great stuff!

• Thanks so much. I'll add a "sniffle" for a tear or two, as well. Love watching the old movies and seeing all of those naturally beautiful screen stars and the gorgeous things they wore. I remember one that you'd appreciate of Sophia Loren in a black corset and nylons. Stunning!

• I love corsets! I want to wear more of them!

• i think it's fine

• I don't like feeling uncomfortable

• I have a 22 inches waist, but I would love to wear corsets. How does it feel? Is that uncomfortable?

• Nope it really isn't. Even though I'm a guy I've tried some on and they can be super comfy. Just be sure to get one that is authentic and not some ebay special. You really do get quality based on what you pay for.

• @beez1717 Thank you for your answer.

• I love leather corsets