Do you dress more for others or for yourself?

Do you dress because it makes you feel good, or do the opinions of other people influence what you wear?

2613

Most Helpful Guy

• Nobody dresses up for themselves. If that was the case, those people would be all classy and dressed up at home. People do it to get laid and to get the approval of others.

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends on my mood

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 12

• For myself butneven if i dress for others i still keep that "me" in smt, like wearing an olive shirt underneath the jacket or smt

• Neither. I dress because I need to wear shit

• For myself

• I wear sweatpants all day every day lol

• For myself.

• Makes me feel confident

• i drss in nerdy t-shirts cause.. i just feel like it lol :P

• for myself

• ehh both.
    I just have certain standards I like to keep to.
    Ain't about that public indecency life.

• If it was because of others I will never be satisfied, as there's always someone who dislikes it.

• For myself. My appearance reflects on my taste. I wear dress clothes and dress shoes

• I dress for myself. I wanna be comfy and not look like a slob.

What Girls Said 25

• I definetly dress for myself and to feel good but I do take into consideration what others say.
    (As in, I've been told white is a good color on me + my hair when straight flatters my face) so I take em into consideration. But usually I wear what I wear for ME.

• It depends on the situation

If I was attending an interview I'd dress for the person interviewing me , to give a good first impression

If I'm going out for a meal I'll dress up if it's a quality restaurant. If its not , I'll not dress up so much.

Mostly I just wear what makes me feel comfortable. I like to dress sexy for my boyfriend at times too 😜

• In many cases the two are linked because if the opinion of others is satisfying to you then how you dress to kind of "please" them also makes you feel good about yourself.

• A lot of people will probably shame me but being completely honest I dress for others but it's mainly for just one person that I really hope will notice me

• For myself 💁 lol

• i wear only what i like
    but i have to limit myself to fit a certain look for society, i push it though

• I try to dress up neat and professionally to look presentable when I am outside,
    When I am at home, I do dress for myself.

• I dress for myself, what I find cute. I love turtle neck sweaters in purples, reds, pinks, tans and whites. I love stiff short skirts. I love leggings. I love sneakers and boots. If I dresses for other people, I would dress more typically.

• I usually dress for myself. But if my crush teases me th night before, I'll dress to impress

• You dress for yourself of course. If the others don't like it, its their problem, not yours.

• for others generally if it was only me I would always go outside in sweatpants but for work it's not appropriate. So I have to dress up a bit more.

• If I dressed for myself, I would be naked. I guess I dress more for the public.

• Usually to make myself feel confidant, like in the house by myself, though I also enjoy dressing up to get stares from time to time.

• Well, I factor in appropriateness of attire in particular settings and in front of particular people, but I mostly dress for my own comfort or to sport my own idea of style.

• Goof question - I wear what I like and would rather err on looking slightly overdressed thab looking like a hobo.

• For myself and others haha if i have to see my boyfriends parents or something I dress more girly compared to my usual tomb boy self

• Kinda both... I have my own style and I like to wear certain clothes (I am very feminine ) but I like when I get compliments.

• Of course it's for myself. I need to feel good and be comfortable in whatever I wear, mostly for comfort.

• I wear what I feel good in

• myself

• I think both but more for myself. I'll dress up for someone I like to get their attention. But overall I dress for myself

• i wear whatever i feel comfortable in n whatever i like

• For myself.

• Both

• Very small town. I have said I would probably throw out my whole wardrobe if I wasn't here. I just get horrific looks when I dye my hair or wear big boots or dress in more trendy, metropolitan clothing.. I'm always told to go to a big city like new york or Europe.. I love fashion so I kindof hate that I dress for others but its because the amount of staring and even comments at the register or while I'm driving, gawking... Its too much. I don't dress like marylin manson, I like dyed hair and trendy clothing.. but my town is khakis, basic, nothing out of the box... So i hear a pin drop if I dress for myself. :/
    I notice younger and white kids, especially in a group tend to get away with it. But I'm not in my teens, though in my 20s, I got a lot of shit for anytime i dressed for myself. They said I seek attention if I don't dress like others so I'm like fuck it, old navy it is.

I don't even know the best city for me anymore because of gentrification..

• Wear those big boots and don't give a shit about what they say. If dressing up for yourself makes you feel happy and beautiful, then who are they to tell you to do otherwise?

• @xxndmxx I agree!! Thank you :) its just so uncomfortable after a while. Hopefully if I get out to a town that doesn't make me feel like I'm witnessing a live-action pilgrimage, I'll settle more into my own skin :P