Do a lot of men really not care or care about makeup?

I've heard a lot of men say some women look fine without makeup, but then refuse to date them or say they're unattractive after they don't have it on.
This doesn't apply to all men, and I'm not saying a woman that did nothing to their self like their hair or anything, but do most men really think makeup isn't needed to look pretty?
I'm asking because I randomly commented how bad I think I look without makeup and randomly my friend who is a guy said "I dislike when people say that, you don't need makeup to be pretty."

Most Helpful Guy

• Women don't look pretty because of makeup. Like a man doesn't look good because of his suit, but because of the body he has underneath it.
    Actually women I've only seen with makeup, who suddenly show up without it, look surprisingly pretty. My immediate thought has often been "damn, she shouldn't wear makeup". Still they think they look better with it.
    Your natural colours are what fit you most. If you are blond, rock those blond eye lashes. Show of the human skin you have, even though it isn't perfectly smooth.
    What looks natural and healthy is the most attractive.

Most Helpful Girl

• I personally believe guys don't know what they're talking about unless they wear makeup!

They think they want natural, when in reality what they think is natural is actually natural makeup. There's so much of "this is why I have trust issues" and "take her swimming on the first date" type of stuff.

Hell I've heard a few guys say Kim K has a natural face but she's wearing 80 pounds of makeup actually. Some guys know, but the majority don't.

Sponsored

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 18

• If a girl is naturally pretty... there is no need to cover it up with make-up to begin with. Nevertheless, a little make up does'nt hurt... but the girls that i see damn!!! They put make-up as if they had no choice just to go to the local CVS... hmmmm interesting.

• It's a double edged sword...

1. If she puts on make up... it usually makes her look better (A plus). It also shows that she cares about how she looks for her man (puts in the time/effort to look good).

2. The bad side is that make up (like most things girls do) is fake (false advertisement). That's why there is the saying "Went to bed with a 10 and woke up with a 2". Push up bras, girdles make up, false eyelashes, etc... is just girls lying about themselves. Would be the same as a guy saying he's a millionaire and is actually on minimum wage. Physical attraction gets guys, Money gets girls.

• Self acceptance is beauty says Iskra Laurance , a beautiful plus size model. She says that people are going to tell you that there are flaws in your body or that you are not good enough. She says , a girl needs to be in control of how she feels about her natural self. No girl should look in the mirror and start hating herself. The society's small standards of beauty may imply to say that a girl is not good enough. No ones body should be allowed to be objectified in this way. Every girl should be able to respect her body. A girl is so much more than just skin. All girls need to love themselves and be comfortable and confident in their own bodies. Everyone is unique and different. And all are equal. Accepting these differences teaches us to be non judgmental. Hence I will boldly say that as a man , I really do not care about a womens make up.

• No, learn how to properly use makeup to best enhance your features. This is a valuable asset in making yourself the most attractive you can be.

Men want their woman to be pretty, attractive. Don't ever forget that. Yes, too much make up is too much, but none is, well, plain and boring. Learn how to make yourself pretty, and keep doing it.

Men have the similar burden, but it's different. They need to keep in shape, practice proper hygiene, and learn how to not dress like a slob. And not be a drunk. :)

• I'd prefer her use less to no makeup, i love her for how she is not the products she uses

• There is good stuff and bad stuff with makeup. It can supress natural beauty, take away natural lines on a face and all that. It can totally change the way somebody looks. Most things are bad I think. It makes girls very concerned with themselves rather than letting them be themselves

• I prefer my girlfriend without make up. Her face is awesome the way it is

• Most men don't understand make-up. Asking them for advice on this is like asking most women for approach advice.

• Only men on gag. Lol. I like my chick to look good when we go out.

• It's not that we think all girls are naturally pretty. Some girls are naturally pretty and don't need makeup - those are the girls we want. If they aren't naturally pretty, then we don't want them to wear makeup either, because we don't want to be tricked into thinking they are naturally pretty.

It is in all guys best interest that neither the naturally attractive nor the naturally unattractive girls wear makeup.

• I care about the kind of makeup a girl puts on, how it fits her style and personality.
    Personally I don't like thick, layered makeup because it looks as the girl's got something to hide.

• So, basically from your point of view and the point of view of other men who think the same, makeup is okay and you can like no makeup either. Just as long as it's not caked on like a clown?

• Yeah, you could say that.
      I personally own an ivory colored foundation mousse and coral pink lipstick :)

• If they need to wear it to get some confidence i am not gonna be interested in them. If your confidence relies so much on products such as make up i am not attracted.

• Little touch ups are pretty, but nothing extreme at all like ruby red lipstick and nails. However, I usually prefer nothing at all. I also don't like super long nails.

• Sorry to break it to you, but most of them say it to be nice/sweet and to prove that they're "Not one of those guys". I personally don't mind if you're wearing make-up or not. It's really up to the girl (or guy) in the end.

• I'm not into makeup. Then again, I'm not a clown. Why do women want to wear makeup? Men usually don't want to. If we're equal, why women in makeup and not men?

• my girl friend is the most gorgeous women on this earth, and I have been living with her for a year now. she has never owned makeup as long as I have known her

• I don't care about makeup.

• I don't mind a little makeup and sometime it looks really good, but I think a lot of women wear waaaaaaaaaaaay too much makeup and it looks really bad.

What Girls Said 6

• It varies.

Do what makes you comfortable. If that means putting on makeup, do it.

The guy you're "meant" to be with will approve of your choice.

- Personally, I'd suggest a little bit of makeup. If you even lean towards "but" about make-up, then you don't like the idea of makeup.

• It depends I guess
    The guys who I am in contact with in person aren't that into it.
    They don't care if you put it on or not.

• well, the guys I know, say they don't like make-up on women but they are soo facinated when a women wears make-up. They like them on their social-media and follow them. And they say they're hot.

• The world is all about apperance but it all depends on the guy, and how he looks at you. He may think your beautiful without makeup and want to see that natarul beauty more, or he may be one of them guys who want to take there girlfriend out with a face full of slap!

• they either like natural look or little make up

• men just don't know