How to convince my mom to let me pierce my nose?

PLEASE HELP ME!! I'm 13(YES I know it says I'm 19 but I'm not, I lied because a lot of these sites have age limits!!) and it's legal for me to pierce my nose when I'm 14 but I have to have my parents' permission. I'm not worried about my dad because he goes with what my mom says most of the time, but my mom won't agree! She says she doesn't think I need to do it, and she doesn't like it/thinks it's ugly. How do I convince her to let me? I've wanted this for a long time, so she knows it's not "just a phase" or whatever it is parents think. Do I need to make a big presentation on why I should be allowed to get one? Helppppp

Most Helpful Girl

• "Mom, I am not getting a piercing to be sexy or hot. I really honestly think it looks cute! I think it would compliment my nose and make me feel more confident. I can pay for it on my own. I just want to look good for myself, and to look cute."
    Parents don't like when children oversexualize themselves. Tell her you think it would look cute rather than sexy. Tell her you can pay for it yourself, and this teaches you the value of work and money, with will appeal to your mom. And most importantly, tell her you're doing it for yourself, and not to gain attention from others. Because you want it because you think it looks cute.

Sponsored

What Guys Said 13

• Tell her it will give her a spot to latch the leash.

• like your parents said its unnecessary and your pretty young but if you want it bad offer to oay for it yourself and plead your case on why you should get it

• You are crazy to get that done at 13. You will most likely have to remove it someday anyway if you get a somewhat respectable job. Most employers don't allow facial piercings.

• If you think drilling a hole in your nostril is gonna fix something you're absolutely nuts.
    Hope you don't pick your nose. LOL.

• "Two holes is not enough for me to breath and I need a third one" It doesn't work for your age and even you are allowed to, no one will pierce for you.

• just wait til a time it won't piss people off... did mine at 16 when i left home. still in 33yrs later so there's no rush is there

• You shouldn't lie about your age, and nose piercings are very unattractive in my opinion.

• Just listen to her.

• Be careful on the internet...

• U should make a big presentation about world hunger instead

• you wait till you get older

• You have a phone at 1 year old

What Girls Said 8

• Believe me, it's a phase. I wanted facial piercings and tattoos for a long time as a kid and thank god my mom didn't allow me to go through with it. I know you think you're fully mature and are in the right state of mind where you think this is what you'll always want, but you're not at this age. You're going to change a sh* ton between now and when you actually turn 19, and you'll be looking back and reflecting on how different your tastes and wants were as a 13 year old compared to now.
    Also, personal opinion (you can ignore it if you want) but I don't think nose rings are attractive either. Whenever I see someone with a nose ring, I immediately can't take them seriously. Even less so if it's a septum ring

• Tell hevyoull pay for it and you're young, it's something you need to get out of your system, if you don't like it it'll completely heal in a month or two.

• Can you wait a few more years?
    My parents were strict when I was around that age, and I am kinda glad for that now though I disliked it then.
    ANywho, after a few years started to be more chill.
    I am sure they will be alright with it a few years later.
    Right now they don't want you to do something that you may regret later.

Which is frustrating right now, trust me, I have been there, but you will be glad when you reach my age.

• Why do you want to pierce your nose at the first place?
    If you want to do it because some friends of you have some, or because you like them, then there is no valid reason.
    Think about the future and not the present... you don't want to make a mistake.

"When you let your emotions dictate your decisions, you make poor decisions"

• Well you lied so consider your moms refusal a punishment for lying.

• If they say no then it's a no, wait until you're old enough to get it without permission. If you still want it by then then great.

• if she says no then i don't think that she will change her mind

• I'm with your mom here. Nose piercings are very visible and the hole's not going to close, even if you take it out. And later in life, you might not like it anymore or you'll get judged negatively for it. If it's really that important and permanent, you should wait until you can do it without your parents' permission.