What are your clothing problems?

A lot of people have got them. Including me. Reasons why you don't or often don't fit into something when you're shopping for clothing. For me, I often don't fit jeans, because my upper legs are too thick and my hips too small or any tight top with not enough stretch, since you can't have boobs and also be skinny.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wear shorts pretty much year round, because I don't like the way pants look on me. I think they make my hips look too wide.

Also, It's difficult for me to find hoodies and sweatshirts that fit because I am short, so most of them are too long. I go to places like Plato's Closet to find some shirts that have been washed dozens of times, because sometimes it makes them a bit tighter and they fit me better. Plus, they made shirts much shorter back in the 90s and early 00s, so old shirts fit me better too.

• You should visit a vintage store then. I also avoid types of clothing because it looks weird on me. Like turtlenecks are a no go for me.

• Thanks! I'll look into that.

Most Helpful Girl

• Always have an issue with bras.. I've fluctuated but have been one size for a long time now and the band size is fairly tiny but the cup isn't.. so that means that bra companies manufacture a small band size like a small cup size so I dont even get the full support I need.. I pretty much just throw money into a dumpster every time I buy a bra because the make of it is so delicate due to the small band size..(they hardly last more than a few months before the straps start to give) I'm basically trying every bra in existence for something that actually holds me up and in.

Jeans are a catastrophe, small waist, big hips, regular thighs.. I have a big butt so the fabric pulls in the front and thens there's so much extra fabric for bigger thighs than I have. I have to experiment with lengths or petite/reg.. I am starting to narrow down good jean brands tho.. Shirts, dresses, skirts are easy bc my waist is xs-small and my band size is small but my butt is big and my cups are big so I find myself picking out random sizes in bras/jeans just based on how they fit.. o.0

• I'm a 70E (32DD) cup here so I know the feels. You can't have boobs and not be fat. Try the jeans from Levi's. They always fit me well because of the different shapes. I also have a XS waist but that doesn't fit with my boobs so again i know the feels.

• Which style of Levi's? There's so much to choose form its daunting? I've always heard good things about AE too. I'm starting to get into this brand 'almost famous' and just trying things on in store has really helped if I'm bargain shopping. So what bra company have you had success with! ? I used to be a 32DD as well but I've slimmed down to a 32C/D

• Well I'm from Europe so I can't really recommend any brands. I just know Levi's is pretty international haha. You have the Levi's jeans with the slight curve, demi curve and the bold curve. You should Google it.
      For bra's, I have absolutely no idea. I don't know what kind of stores you have in your country. Only tip I can give you is to always go to a lingerie only store. Clothing stores don't have the right size.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 38

• I have like three brands that fits me.
    H&M , Uniqlo and Everlane.
    Every other brand around is either made for midgets , made for fatties who haven't seen their penis since the Bush administration or made for people who's butler has a butler.
    Woe is me of being a 6'0 170lbs male instead of 220lbs.

• I don't know if you have those stores in your country, but you could try Zara or Mango Men. The sizes are made for lean people.

• Hmmm I don't have I've heard of Mango Men but I'll keep Zara and Mango Men in mind. :D
      Thanks spuitkaas!

• I have broad shoulders so I need to buy something that fits but also is long enough to cover my arms. That usually means an XL but it becomes very baggy in my midsection becasue they assume XL people have larger bellys which I don't. It's frustrating

• My boyfriend has the same thing. He has a bit of a swimmer's body so he has broad shoulders and a skinny waist. Always tough to find something that fits.

• My problem is that my weight fluctuates a lot so it's tough to find pants that fit well. Some of the medicines I take really mess up your appetite and metabolism so sometimes I'll gain or lose 5+ pounds in a week or so. I got a pair of pants that fit me like 2 weeks ago and now they fall down if I don't wear a belt

• Good problems to have Spuit. . . good problems to have! ;-)

Also, good to have you back on here! Where've you been?

• According to you they're good. For clothing, very annoying.
      I've just been very busy with school. University life is not easy. Right now I have vacation so I have some time to myself now.

• My c*ck is way too big and I usually wear wide pants, I'm afraid that people will see it if I have tight jeans or something.
    My other problem is that whenever I go buy shoes, I always get the wrong number or If I get the right one, I use to wear this shoes for 2-3 years till they become destroyed completely.

• Tying my shoes. I'm just so darn lazy sometimes.

• I have a weird ass body shape and only expensive designer brands fit me perfectly where ordinary clothes brands get uncomfortable😅

• I'm really skinny, for reason beyond my control, and I've always had trouble finding jeans that fit. A girl suggested I try girls jeans so I did and now I wear girls super skinny jeans and jeggings.

Wearing these I was able to make my style go pretty crazy and look really good too haha

• Clothes don't fit me lol.

• Okay so first of all jeans. They suck. When u zip up u risk catching the peepee. ANd jeans are WAY too constricting for + I can't get em to stay up.

My shirts like to rip

• Tops being too long. I'm short so although the sleeves are fine, the tops can come down to mid thigh which i hate. Also, neckholes. I don't like the neckholes being too big which a lot of them are.

• I am really fussy about how clothing fits me. I need the right balance between not being baggy but also not sticking to me. Well shirts I like to stick to me more than jeans but not too much. I'm just really fussy lol

• My legs and arms are long for my size. The sleeves on my lab coat are unless. Too short to protect my arms

• Yeah that really sucks. My sleeves on my lab coat are often too long, but that's less of a problem than sleeves that are too short.

• I love woollen tights - the warmer, the better - but it's hard to find some that are large enough for me.

• They never look right on me.

• Finding clothes that fit both my height, and my weight is nearly impossible. Tall and slim is pretty rare it would seem. I dream of one day being able to afford a tailor regularly <3
    Also I'm a guy, so finding interesting clothes is difficult.

• Shirts are hard to take off. Finding pants that fit my thick legs and small waist. Getting pants past my glutes

• My man boobs/muscle are hanging out too much on the chest area, I feel uncomfortable.

• there's a run in my pantyhose and sometime my suspenders get stuck on railing and i get stuck and turns out hard hats dont make ya invincible screw you msha

• mine are mostly about the colors, i love black color on myself more/

• finding something long enough which isn't too wide

• I don't have any.

• can't afford clothes

• None.

• Good question 😩😂

• It's hard to find big enough clothes sometimes

• I don't really have any clothing problems

• I only wear dark clothes, so sometimes there is a piece that I really like but its not in my color😅

• I wear tight clothes and girls stare at my muscles

• Shorts fit tight and shorts on my legs!

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 62

• I have huuuuge hips (like 40 inches) and a big arse so I need to get larger trousers to fit that and then they're loose on my waist and look baggy from the front. I'm also 5'2 so literally everything has to be rolled up do I don't trip on it. Also, because of my big arse any dresses or skirts I buy cannot be worn without leggings because my arse lifts the back up and flashes in everything.

• You could try jeans with different waist and length sizes. Also I really recommend the jeans from Levi's with different shapes.

• I'm 6'1" and skinny, and it's always hard to find items that fit me properly. First example - long sleeved shirts. Usually the only shirts that are long enough to cover my entire arm are far too big amd baggy around the torso. I usually have to buy large or XL to get the length, but I'm not fat enough to fit into them properly.

Second example - pants. Any style of pants are a problem for me, but I usually wear jeans. My actual size is US 8 or 10 (I'm in between), but they aren't quite long enough in those sizes. To get the leg length, I have to wear a size 12 or sometimes even a 14. That's getting into plus size, and I'm not plus sized at all. So the waists and thighs are far too big.

Things are getting better though. It's becoming a bit easier to find affordable clothes that actually fit me correctly. However, I think it's still going to be some time before designers/manufacturers realize that being tall doesn't mean you're also fat.

• Big chest and relativley wide shoulder so when I buy shirts are dresses they're normally very tight around the chest and then become too loose at the waist. I really like this type of dress but you have like no wiggle room if your chest is a bit larger than what they intended

ae01.alicdn.com/.../...ress-b-font-Vintage-50s.jpg

• I have exactly the same problem. I don't know why but those dresses don't look good at me. Anything with a wide skirt looks weird. If I wear a dress it's often tight.

• I am 5"9, and its hard finding jeans that are long at the bottom. I have to order from online sites and the jeans are usually pricey. Thats why I try to keep them up while I can. I also notice that in a lot of the coats I get the arms are short touching my wrist. Its very annoying. And ordering a big size will make the coat lok big and bulky on me.

• Having sizes that are inbetween. I think I'm not the only one but for example a size 6AU is too tight on me, a size 8AU is too loose on me so if companies made a size inbetween (a size 7AU) that would fit me perfectly.

I like my clothes to fit me well and look tailored to my figure. It's difficult, I either like a dress and need to get a size 8 and get it tucked in, it's a hassle sometimes and rather inconvenient

• When it comes to clothes... my problem is my ass and boobs. I wanna wear button ups but since my breasts are kinda big the middle button kinda peaks open... then eventually it pops. And as far as my butt I can't wear knee length skirts. They rise up in the back and it's solo annoying.

• My clothing problems are usually related to my boobs. I'm usually too big for some things and have to size up.

• - Finding right jeans. Wide-ish hips and thin legs. So if I buy a jeans that fits my hips, it'll look baggy on my legs and waist 😭
    - Big feet. My feet are really big and flat which makes me practically impossible to find good footwear. Stilettos and pumps are just out of question. I have to stick to heels with lower height or wedge heels.

• I am in between sizes sometimes. I also have the problem of really long legs so everything gets super short and doesn't exactly fit.

• YES
    Mine are...
    Most jeans that are my size DONT FIT ME !!! I hate it. I'm also picky, all I want are some strechy and comfy skinny jeans that are a little below the ankle, not too bunchy at the bottom, have at least back pockets, are a shade of blue I like, have nice stitching all around the legs and pockets all all sides, are low rise and i mean LOW rise, not fucking over my belly button, and DO NOT FALL DOWN, so preferable a comfy elastic waist so you can just pull them on and no zipper, button bullshit. ANd they should be affordable. Most jeans are either too tight for my legs or too loose for my hips and constantly slip down. I rescently found my dream pair for only $20 at forever 21 and am super excited cuz they actually fit :D

• I also have found one jeans I fit at H&M. It's superstretch and fits perfectly so i immediately bought 5 of them in different colours. It's so nice to finally find something you fit.

• Not really a problem, it's just that I can quite often be found buying clothes from the men's section which can elicit strange looks from other shoppers. Does that count?

• I'm petite so it difficult to find a good fit. I fit leggings or jeans quite snug on my legs but the waists is always too loose. That's my main problem. Also finding a bra in my size is my biggest challenge. Other than that I just try on clothes to fit as I don't always take the same size.

• Jeans are impossible because I am short and relatively skinny. It is assumption short girls are thick and tall girls are skinny.

• Can never wear a shirt with buttons because my boobs gap the buttons. I'm kinda tall I guess, 5'7 so jeans that are the right length are hard to find especially since I like them slightly longer.

• I'm also 5'7 and never have that problem with the lenght of jeans. Maybe my legs are just short though. I also have the boob gap problems. I've just given up on shirts with buttons.

• I'm also really picky about my jeans so that also plays a part I'm sure. And I have totally given up on the shirts too. Don't even waste my time anymore lol

• Well my body type is pretty different.
    But mostly comfort.
    Most outfits are uncomfortable - design and fitting wise both.
    And yes, weight is an extreme factor.
    But in most cases, i have hunted down clothes pre-made that fitted my structure and good with design that high-lighted my features.
    unfortunatly now, i find most outfits unflattering and in order to look good if you are thick then you need to put on tight attires which causes skin malfunctions in a pretty bad way. so there you have it.
    loosing weight is always a good option.
    and to some certain point you can see - i have certain disagreements with you :)
    i will wear for comfort that will make me look good in general. No desperate attempts required. I am not competing with anyone, i already look good, i need to highlight my best features, i don't have to seek anyone else's references.

• Pants are too long, shirt keeps busting open letting the girl's play peek-a-boo or ass is way too big (pant's/skirt's go half way up, just to fall completely down lol)

• I often have problems to find tight shirts with sleeves (short or long) because of my upper body muscles. I don't want potato bag clothes that fit arms and shoulders either.

• When I find a could dress and it fits everywhere else besides my boobs... it is always too tight. D:

• Anything made for cleavage. Not an option for bodies like mine that exude a handsome boyish charm

• Button up blouses... I hate those. Hate them with a passion... If I ever get one of those, I have to get a bigger size for it to button up completely without gapping, or if not, wear them as outer shirts.
    Tank tops are a problem sometimes. I will get dress coded at school if I wear them alone. (Tank tops are allowed... if you have small boobs).
    Also, I'm 5'3" and underweight, so I always have to look out for clothes that are size 0-2.

• im 5'4 and just over 100 pounds so size 6 (UK) jeans are too baggy and that's the smallest size in most stores lol nothing ever fits my small waist. I should probably try the kids section 😂
    plus I hate that so many tops and dresses are low cut or see through in some way

• Finding skirts and dresses that go at least a few inches past my knees. I prefer to dress modestly, I don't like wearing clothes that are too tight or too short. Finding jackets to wear sleeveless tops, is another one too. I don't like to expose my entire arms. It has nothing to do with insecurity, it has to do with me wanting to be modest clothing wise.

• hmm length cs I am sort off short
    and also sometimes I have the issue that the length is good but it s too tight on my ass

• Dresses are impossible.
    I have to buy them a size up to fit my boobs, but then get it tailored smaller to fit the rest of me.

• Not finding dresses that I like
    I really get frustrated when shopping for clothes.
    And then I end up buying /settling for clothes in anger and after a few months I think, "Ugh I don't have anything to wear."

• The number one problem I have is when I wear loose shirts it makes my stomach look twice as big because of my chest...

• Im the same with pants and jeans they are often tight on my thighs. I also have broad shoulders so things that fit them mean they are then loose around my stomach.

• Being tall with that dat ass and thick thighs, short dresses look like shirts and trousers are too short and the waist is usually too wide.

• Luckily, I have no clothing problems :P

• Because I workout a lot my shoulders and biceps are too large for small tops but mediums looks like I'm drowning in them. 😒

• More from Girls
    32