What are some good independent bands?

Please?

(-:

0|0
2|3

Most Helpful Guy

• MGMT. They just recently turned indie after having HUGE mainstream success, they felt it was not their style of music and didn't just want a bunch of hipsters and tween girls as fans so they stepped out of the spotlight and made a amazing orgasmic new cd. The cd is called Congratulations and its experimental psychadelic. You'll see a lot of Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and Beatles sound in there.

0|0
    0|0
    • Yeah thanks I love MGMT I already thought they were independent haha but that's cool.

• Show All
    • Lady gaga.. jonas brothers.. miley cyrus.. taylor swift... and screamo whiny sh*t. -.x

• Lmao well some of their songs are okay. But I love independent music more than anything. They music is so different than anything else! Like Freelance Whales! Love Them! :D

What Guys Said 2

• Scarlet Grey, The Nova Echo, Sound and Science, Fake Shark Real Zombie, Innerpartysystem (recently dropped from their label and are currently running things independently).

0|0
    0|0
  • I only knw The Strokes..

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 2

• Any specific genre in mind? Some of my favorites at the moment are Titus Andronicus, Avi Buffalo, The Microphones... all definitely worth checking out.

0|0
    0|0
    • Oh, my bad, Avi Buffalo isn't independent... I meant Andrew Jackson Jihad. :P They're next to each other in my library, so...

• Belle & Sebastian

The Strokes

Imogen Heap

Sick Puppies

Glitter Bones

1|0
    0|0