How do you wear long hair to bed and at home to not damage it?

I'm trying to grow out my hair and it's pretty long but I was wondering how I should wear it to be and at home and not damage it. Any ideas? Thanks guys!

Most Helpful Guy

• Cut it off

Most Helpful Girl

• I used to have really long hair but cut it all off two years ago 😢 Regret!
    I'm growing it out again and always either braid it or loosely tie it on top of my head to sleep. Invisibobble hair ties are the best thing ever and help prevent breakage.

Minimise heat styling where you can, and lightening your hair which will help keep it healthy

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 0

The only opinion from guys was selected the Most Helpful Opinion, but you can still contribute by sharing an opinion!

What Girls Said 8

• My hair is down to my lower back. After a shower, I spray hair protectant spray in it, comb it while damp, put my more hair protectant spray in, blow dry it so it's semi dry, then plait my hair.

My hair is always soft, smooth and silky

• For sleep, either wrap it in a scarf or at least put it up

• Hmm, you can always just put it in a bun and wrap it with a silk scarf. I read that cotton pillow cases can cause friction which leads to breakage of the hair strands, so it'd be good to wrap it.

• I read that it's best to have it in a loose ponytail or down and having a silk pillow case helps

• I spread my hair above my head and on the pillow.

• Braid

• put it up like on the pilow,, dont let it rest underneath you.. I do coconut oil masks every week or so too and sleep in it with a towel underneath. Never ever put it in a ponytail, let it be loose. Depends on your hair texture though or if you color, then you might have other needs or ways to maintain it.

• Best way for me is to pineapple it but I don't use a bobble as it's break the strands when I toss and turn. I know a couple of people who do this too.