What do you really think of red lipstick?

Full on bold lips

Most Helpful Guy

• I have read studies on human mating behaviour, which found that a woman's choice in lipstick changed according to the phase of her menstrual cycle.
    By perhaps what is more than mere coincidence, the buttocks of the female howler monkey turn bright red when she is ovulating and ready to mate.
    The same sort of thing happens in the human female.
    When a woman paints her lips bright red, it is intended to reflect the colour of an aroused vulva and tell males that she is oestrous and ready to mate.
    Those who had academic access to journals should be able to find plenty of material on this subject.

Most Helpful Girl

Sponsored

What Guys Said 21

• Fine for a costume party, but in daily life? it screams that you want attention, from anyone! From the first guy who comes by.

• Pure sexy.
    The underlying biology of the attraction is that they look full and blood filled, as in sexually stimulated.

• It looks like they were eating out of their period cup.

• I like the way it looks, hate the way it smells and tastes.

• It's super hot in the right situation

• Depends on your complection. But in my opinion natural is best. No guy wants to kiss lipstick.

• I don't like lipsticks that pop out, especially on a light skinned face like this.
    Subtle, skin toned lipstick is fine, but if it was up to me I wouldn't want any lipstick in the first place.

• I don't like 'em

• It's sexy!

• I hate it for daily use.

• I never liked any kind of lipstick.

• Overwhelming, too much and kinda gross.. I can definitely understand special occasions, but, I would have an excruciating time even considering trying to kiss a girl no matter how otherwise gorgeous with something so bright and bold

• Its flashy.

• I like it on @lost_alice

• I like red lipstick that color in the picture.

• It reminds me of Taylor Swift and I don't personally dont care for her. Attention seeking and so far from what natural beauty is.

• It looks nice with few females, light colored lips looks much better.

• It looks nice. I don't mind what girls wear tbh

• Slutty ;)

• meh it's going out of style. Pink, Purple, Blue, really anything but red.

• which color you usually use?

• I like light pink and blood red

• hell yes!! blood red is the best!!! i like black too ! good luck for you miss:)

What Girls Said 24

• Personally, I don't wear it very often. But I tried a Stila matte liquid lip stick, and it just looked so classic, like a modern screen siren, bold but matte. :3 It was called either Fiery or Beso. I have NYX matte red lip colors, and they are very pretty too. But that Stila color :3 perf, it made me feel like a queen, and I think that's the power of the right red lip.
    2.bp.blogspot.com/.../...besolipsticklipswatch.jpg

soholashes.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/mg_0563.jpg

• I have no issues with it. How it looks depends on the woman's coloring & other things.

I think Gwen Stefani looks quite striking that way, her very fair skin contrasting sharply with bright red lips.

• I usually leave this for parties. I'm extremely pale with big full lips and it just looks too much on me.

• I think there is a very specific setting/environment/event for that type of bold, but for the most part I dont wear it or care for it

• I think red lips are pretty if they are neat; the problem is if it gets on your teeth or clothes it's very obvious and looks horrible & isn't all that hard to do. It also can look like your wearing a ton of makeup very easily if you do that I think which obviously isn't good. But if it's done right I think it's pretty

• I've found a way to not get lipstick on your teeth.
      After you apply the lipstick, put your finger in your mouth and then pull it out. You'll see some color on your finger (which I believe is the excess that'd get on your teeth). You shouldn't get any lipstick transferred to your teeth anymore (or very minimal, if at all) :)

Try that if you haven't before.

• No girl I've heard of that but I'm just messy with red naturally 😩 & unless it matte that trick doesn't work, like if the formula is watery

• Ah, I hear you about watery/runny kinds.
      For reds, I usually just wear the long wearing kind with lip primer and then liner. They're usually on the dry side but that's what makes them stay better and not transfer.

And yea, with reds, you gotta be extra precise with the application.

• I like it every now and again for nights out (I'm wearing it in my profile picture) but not during the daytime as I prefer natural shades.

• I like it. I am still searching for a good red lipstick that compliments my pale skin.

• I like wearing it every once in awhile when I dress up for a special occasion or something :)
    My guy also loves it when I wear red lipstick, and so I wear it for him ;)

• Love it!! 💋

• I think it should be used in moderation & mostly for night events but I find it very sexy. I feel like not as ugly wearing it. 😎

• Love it, not necessarily for everyday wear but evenings /special occasions

• it is sexy

• Some people look amazing with it!
    I can't pull it off tho 😛

• I love red lipstick <3 The only downiwnside is that it canmake your teeth appear yellow

• Red lipstick is actually meant to do the opposite, black on the other hand would definitely make them look yellow

• Oh well, it does the opposite on me, darker lipstick makes my teeth whiter.

• Classic party look! Love it!

• Something that looks good on some people but also something I'd never wear

• I like red lipstick.

• It doesn't suit me.

• Love it!!!

• Some girls can pull it off, sometimes it can look tacky and overdone.

• I'd rather use natural pink

• My favorite lipstick color I love to wear it matte red lipstick

• I love it. I used to wear it very regularly but now only for special occasions so it looks special ☺

• I love it!