Where to buy a prom dress?

Need to start looking for a prom dress but I have no idea where to look! It's my junior year so I'm supposed to wear the poofy ball gown style.

5d Hey peeps, I think I found two dresses that aren't super expensive that I might be interested in. Which do you like better?
http://i64.tinypic.com/5jsjli.png
http://i67.tinypic.com/2qd4nyw.png

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 2

• etsy would be your best best for dresses that look good and most girls won't be wearing so you won't match with anyone and you'll look unique! Have fun and your dance

• Walmart! 😂

What Girls Said 20

• I would go with Rent the Runway. They offer real designer gowns for cheap rental prices (plus you are probably never going to wear a dress again, so renting is awesome).

Try JJHouse. com for a wide variety of dresses from poofy to sleek at reasonable prices.

http://www.modcloth.com/ if you want something a little vintage or a little more on the quirky side.

You can try Asos for some lovely dress options with bonus that on the site, you get to see them walked on a runway if you click the video on the side of each photo.
    us.asos.com/.../

• Thank you, I looked on rent the runway but didn't like any of the dresses. I'll check out the other stores

• Good luck with everything :)

• At the mall look in stores like Angl, Mango, and BCBG Maxazria, especially in BCBG Maxazria. Angl and Mango have a more limited type of evening dresses you're looking for. Online of course, it's easier to find the dress you want, more options. You can find some in Boohoo. com, Nordstorm. com, and Missguided. com, in which I think are on sale. I want to recommend Net A Porter as well, but it's too expensive and high end, if you can afford it, then go ahead and check out that site, they sell some beautiful stuff. I don't know what your style is, these stores include modern simplistic type of dresses, instead of classical ones such as ball gown. You mentioned that you're supposed to wear a poofy ball gown. I'm not sure if this will be your cup of tea, but Boohoo has this voluminous tulle dress, it is inspired by the fantasy style of a ball gown but in a more modern way.
    www.boohoo.com/.../dzz81966

• Try your Mall, hun, see what Shops are there for Both... Woman and Girls your own age. This time of Year, dear, or thereabout Now, They will Begin to Bring out the Lovely Prom dresses.
    Good Luck and Have Fun, hun. xx

• Personally I love snall local boutique shops for stuff like that. But I have also ordered ans been very happy with dresses from Amazon (no joke), venus. com, jane. com and zulilily. com
    For those last 2 their inventory changes daily so it's hit and miss.

• I bought all my dresses for school dances at thrift stores. They are usually loaded with formal dresses, espeically around prom season.

• Idek where you find thrift stores lol

• Google maps is very helpful. In the US there are also chains of thift stores. Goodwill, Salvation Army. There are many single store family own thrift stores. There is usually at least one in every town. In my town there's at least 10 that are on the lower end of prices 20-50 dollar dresses, and 2-3 that are more upscale thrift stores for high end brands. 80-150 dollar dresses. Just search "thrift stores near me." in google.

• Try bridal shops near your first. If you can't fondness any local l, you could go to the next city over or order it offline. Promgirl. com has nice dresses for reasonable prices 😌

• *try bridal shops near you locally first. If you can't find any locally, go to the next city over or get it offline (spell check lol)

• Macy's has some great ones!

• Etsy maybe

• Macy has some REALLY nice prom dresses. But they're not poofy. Not the ones that I've seen. You could look for a prom shop in your city, or near it. I know we have one in my state.

You could also order one off the internet.

• try it here girl i bought a evening dress here lafemmefashion. com

• well there is jjshouse_com is one place and other is tbdress_com/Poofy-Ball-Gowns/ thoses are sites you could change (_) for dot anyway -> another one
    w3_promgirl_com <- must be place your after.

• I looked at jjshouse but then when I saw the dresss people bought it look cheaply made, so I'm nervous about that

• Thrift stores, you would be surprised.

• i bought at a department store

• Online or the mall.

• Macy's or jc penney

• I would check Macy's or JcPenny's. They usually have good selections during prom season.
    A good choice too would by Anthropologie. This store has unique and pretty dresses. Hope this helps.

• rent the runway ( rent designer dresses online for cheap)

• I'll sell you mine. You'll save a lot. I have a red and a black and white. Only worn for special occasions.

• The mall.

• go on a site for quinceanera dresses, they'll have a lot of big poofy dresses