At what point does being high maintenance become intolerable?

I'm wondering, because I'm a bit on the high maintenance side, and my boyfriend has confirmed it. Lols! I always get my hair done (cut, dyed, styled) at a salon every month or two, go for manicures and pedicures every two weeks and always get cute designs done on my nails (I think even the toes have to look presentable, especially now, since all of my strappy shoes and peep toe heels are coming out again), I exfoliate and do facials once or twice a week, I deep condition my hair once every week or two, I always try to take care of my skin the best I can, I keep on top of my eyebrows and make sure there are no stray hairs, do weekly teeth whitenings, I'm pretty meticulous when it comes to putting on my makeup, and I always make sure there are no smudges and my eyeliner is nice and "clean", and I exercise to maintain my weight as much as possible, and it takes me 1 and a half to two hours to get ready everyday. My boyfriend doesn't seem to mind any of this at all, as I don't always wear a full face of makeup when I go out, and I don't allow any of these things to prevent me from going out and getting into some nitty-gritty fun, and I don't keep myself away from activities that could cause me to break a nail, but I was just wondering at what point guys think a girl is too high maintenance? Where do you guys draw the line?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't really have a line. I'm a little high maintenance myself; compared to my guy friends I'm always the one to take longest before we go out. So with that said I can understand that "beauty" can take time.

If a girl wants to take her time with her body, let her. It's when she forgets who she is underneath all the makeup that things go sour. For example you mention that you're fine with going out without a face of makeup and getting into the nitty-gritty - that's awesome. If a girl would refuse to show her face outside or tell me not to see her before she's made up, I'd just laugh. So I guess that's where I draw my line, when a high maintenance lifestyle becomes a requirement to a girl's life - not a choice.

What Guys Said 1

• The line is drawn when I can't take care of myself anymore.

Or, the chick stops putting out, or gets fat, or gets too bi#chy, or too obnoxious... :)

What Girls Said 2

• When their high maintenance is a sign of insecurity and feeling that she is not beautiful. I think that some people just like experimenting with different looks, designer labels because they are kind of fashionistas or just like to express themselves. I think it's intolerable when they have a shopping addiction, an addiction to makeup (and they are not makeup artists) throwiing away hundreds even thousands on salon visits and Mac cosmetics (though again, it's really their choice).

Also, if they put their maintenance appointments over you and start causing serious priority and face time issues. Some poeple just want to look "hot" and express their "glam side". There is nothing wrong with someone wanting to get their glam on , but others just need a reality check. You're dating a human being, not a Bloomingdales.

• I do have to say that it seems like you have your own style and are health and fitness oriented which is cool!

• It becomes intolerable when the guy is paying for all those things. If you're taking care of it yourself, then he has nothing to complain about