Thoughts on cosmetic surgery?

Let's say you meet a potential partner, male or female, and they had cosmetic surgery anyplace on their body and it worked on their part. You can't tell they had surgery and it's natural looking. If you found out they had gotten the surgery done later on or after you started dating, is that a turn off? What if they told you after marriage? Would it effect you in any way?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think if you really like someone that the surgery won't matter on terms of physical appearances

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 5

• It's not a major issue. If you accept hair styling and makeup, why not cosmetic surgery? so long as it' s not too extreme. Great augmentation and the like do sort of put me off..

• I would never let my potential partner ever get cosmetic surgery. I'm with her cause she's perfect

• I wouldn't mind, I think.

I don't believe beauty should only be reserved for those who are born with it.

• It strongly depends on how late it would be. After marriage would definitely be a deal breaker. However if we were only few weeks or even month into a relationship and she told me then, it would probably still be fine.

• It doesn't bother me. Lots of girls has surgery like nose boobs etc.

What Girls Said 18

• As long as the plastic surgery was not disfiguring or made them look weird (like the Cat Lady), I don't have a problem with it.

My last boyfriend that I thought I was going to marry had plastic surgery. He had lost a testicle in an accident and when he was dating me, he felt less of a man with only one ball. He did it to make him look and feel more manly. I never really noticed, but after he said something about only having one, it DID kinda stick in my head.

He looks perfectly normal after the surgery. He said just like a woman has a self esteem boost when she gets bigger breasts, he felt more of a man having 2 testicles. I was surprised how real the fake one felt.

• I dont see the problem with cosmetic surgery. Usually the people who have a problem with it are those who wish that they can get the work done themselves but just can't afford it. Its easy for anyone on this post to say "I dont like that" and have their nose in the air but if the shoe was on the other foot Im sure they would get worked done also.

• I wouldn't care if they already had the surgery, obviously they were really insecure about it.
    Honestly, anything to make yourself feel better right?

If they had done it after we started dating and I never found out?( they need bed rest a lot) I would just think it is weird and see it more as like a trust issue and talk about that.

If they had done it before and told me after marriage I would just say why does it even matter at this point lol.

I'm very open about these things so it wouldn't really bother me c:

• I wouldn't like it at all because its lying. I don't like liars.

Also its a form of deception, and lack of confidence. I rather be with someone who doesn't look great than a fake person trying to be someone else.

• I don't think cosmetic surgery is that big of an issue, like it was before. Its quite common for people to get some procedure done. Is it right or moral, that's for the person to decide. I wouldn't shame a person whos had anything done, but if it was constant then I'd say they have a lot of self image issues and should talk to a therapist. If it was only 1 or 2 procedures then I wouldn't mind. Beauty is such a huge part of our culture so its become the social-norm to get producers done.

• Maybe if it's just one thing like a nose job, otherwise really against it if it makes them feel better, though i believe true confidence comes from inside. Few operations may improve their apperience, but when people change everything about themselfs just because they can, they end up looking like a mess...

• It is to me; but it hasn't happened yet so not sure how it would affect me; maybe I won't care since I have already started dating him; or maybe I would. I don't know.

• I'm getting older. If I want to get something done, give me a break;) Lol.

• nope it is not a turn off for me

• If it were a true potential partner, it shouldn't matter. If you enjoy this person's company, it shouldn't matter what kinds of surgery they had. if you think they are beautiful/ handsome without said surgery, just try to make them feel like you see them. You should never ever fall for a person's looks, only personality. Looks change, personality isn't so drastic, you can grow together. That's Hyatt my thought process.

• i wouldn't mind unless it was really major

• No why would it be a turn of if he felt that he needed to change it then who am I to judge.

• Are we talking sex change or nose job?

• Depends. If I were a guy, I'd feel deceived if my girlfriend had fake boobs/ass or silicone lip injections. But, that's just me.

• I wouldn't give a crap. I'd prefer it if they told me beforehand though. I value directness.

• It wouldn't be a turn off if the surgery is successful. If people have the means to improve themselves with cosmetic surgery then I don't see why it's an issue. That's their choice

• Depends how much they get done. If it's like a nose job then fine. But if they have WAY too much then no.

• I don't give a fuck nor do I have time.. Keep it moving people. 😒