How can you be more photogenic and generally look better in photos?

Most Helpful Guy

• The one you have there is a nice example.
    Hmm, i dunno, the trick is just...

... don't think too much about it maybe? Because then it feels so... predictable and boring, then it loses interest.

Make a true smile, doesn't matter how the hair is, don't force it, let the pic be taken. There, natural feminine charm.

Most Helpful Girl

• Find the good lighting and use filters that aren't so obviously you used it

• Can you explain more? I'm clueless about good lighting and filters.

• Thanks๐Ÿ˜Š

• You're welcome!

What Guys Said 15

• I agree with lighting, but if you're looking to get a set of really good photos, then consider getting a professional photographer. OKCupid did an analysis on photos posted to their dating site to determine what features make a photo "attractive". The biggest single feature is having you in focus and your background blurry. This is something that smartphones aren't so great at doing so professional photographer is probably helpful here.

• Look at yourself in a mirror.. find what angle you like the most.. do this in every photo that you can lol... can you do mine please ๐Ÿ˜Š www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q2234489-if-you-came-home-saw-this-lying-in-your-bed-would-you

• You will need to use at least some makeup, and have a relaxed frame of mind. Meditation often helps to get into the relaxed, sultry mood.

• You have to experiment a little... try different smiles (mouth open, closed, half closed,...). Also, try some make-up options to see which one works better.
    And finally, try some poses. Some people look better from up front, some from an angle.
    I can't imagine that a nice looking girl like you wouldn't be photogenic...

• There was some advice but I forgot must of it๐Ÿ˜‚ but anyway, learn what angles of your face you look good in, don't take selfies in shitty indoor lighting, the most important is you be comfortable in front of the camera,

• Genetics, good facial structure and or good lighting preferably natural, luck.

• Don't use the front camera of a phone ;-)

• Make love to the camera

• you have to agree with yourself that you are beautiful... yes, it works!

• Try different angles and lighting. try I think it's your left side is supposed to look better. don't take pictures from a below or above angle tho.

• One tip a photographer told me, stick your neck and chin out. People have the tendency to 'straighten up' and tilt their head slightly back, instant double chin or all sorts of weird shit happens to your facial muscles. You may feel goofy but your face will look awesome.

Smile genuinely, your eyes will crinkle and sparkle, your face will glow, people just plain look better when they smile. Fake smiles are obvious.

Good lighting of course.

Wash your face, if you have good skin, showcase it! An unwashed face in bright lights can give your face a greasy look.

• I'm an amateur photographer, and without a doubt good lighting can help tons.

• You don't need that you are really hot๐Ÿ˜‰

• 3 words.

Push up bra

• remove clothes they make you ugly

What Girls Said 11

• 1. Smile and smile with your teeth visible. People that don't typically smile with their teeth typically have either bad teeth, are moody and unapproachable, or despise taking photos.
    2. Stand up straight. Take a deep breath and when you do roll your shoulders back. Great posture gives off a sense of confidence and pride in oneself.
    3. Make sure your make-up is on point if you wear it. Mismatched foundation, bright unnatural colors, too much make-up can ruin any photo because it becomes super obvious. The more natural or natural your face looks, the better.
    4. Find your non fat angle and swear by it. Everyone has an angle and a pose where they seem as thin as possible. Usually standing upright, it's a hand or both on the hips, posed at an angle toward the camera as opposed to standing dead on which makes you look wider. If you've got that double chin, gently stretch your neck forward a little before you snap.
    5. Good lighting is a must. Don't care how beautiful you think you are, take a photo in the shadows or under dark lights, or with the sun directly overhead, and you are going to get a photo that isn't good. Don't shoot with your back to the sun, or with the sun overhead. Good natural window light is best for indoors if you don't have studio soft boxes. Standing under an awning or covering with the sun in front of you aka, your feet are in the shadow of the covering, but the sun is just beyond the shadow... this will naturally reflect outdoor light naturally up to your face, but won't be really harsh. A nice trick is also to just use a plain sheet of white paper to reflect some nice soft light to the face.
    6. Be as natural as possible. All this duck lip and trying so hard to look sexy and super stiff fake poses, looks like you're trying too hard. Some of THE best photos are ones where the person was caught unawares by the photog.

• Can you really? I think it's something you have - or don't have. Simple...

• 1) The lightning is crucial.
    I hate taking photos with indoor unnatural lightning because it creates weird shadows on my face and makes my nose look big although it's not big at all in real life.
    I usually like taking photos in natural lightning in front of the window at an hour where the sunlight isn't too strong.
    One of my favorite photos was taken outside on a sunny day but under the shadow of a tree!
    If it isn't morning, then flash looks better with my face. I like taking pictures with flash because it makes my features more visible. I guess you have to see which type of lightning works best for your face, and to know it you should try to take many selfies in different types of lightning!

2) Also try not to bring the camera too close to your face because it will distort your features making your nose look huge x_x , find a good distance while taking a selfie.

3) Try to find your "Good side" of your face, even some celebrities always have a similar pose like Ariana Grande she doesn't like being photographed on her "Bad side". Try taking lots of selfie and see which side of your face you prefer! I personally prefer either to take it from the front or tilting my head to the left.

4) Of course you have to take pics on a good day, with a good hairstyle, make up clothes etc...

• I wish I knew, I look like a cold potato in photos.

Small things that could possibly help the outcome of your photos
    -better lighting
    -find YOUR angle
    -better fitting clothes (some clothes don't photograph well, accentuate things we want hidden)

• Honestly, good lighting is so essential. Even if you haven't got the best lighting try facing the light. Facial and body expressions are key too. Depends what kind of look you're going for. If you wear foundation for the love of god make sure you blend it on your neck too.

• Be good looking. I don't think it's something you can change much. It seems that people who look good in pictures look twice as good in person.

• Make up, lighting, angles.

• know your angles, lighting, smile

• 2 words. photo shop

• Photoshop.

• don't take pictures so close to the cmera