Does Seattle have a poor taste in fashion?

I go to college in Seattle. We seem to be in a weird 90s theme here, with high rise jeans and baggy t-shirts. Or athletic wear mixed with outdoor hiking gear and sandals. We dress like we are outdoorsy and hike all the time, but I bet like 80 percent of the people who dress like that probably don't hike lol. And with makeup people seem to either wear none or wear it extremely heavy and cakey.

Just my experience though. I dress plain so I know I don't have great fashion sense.

It seems like students from like NYC, LA, or other cities dress better. What do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yeah, compared to those cities it's expected. Its a tech town, not a fashion house.

Most Helpful Girl

• That's just seattle. Outdoorsy and grunge stuff is kind of the thing. Seattle is a very diverse area though, get around town and you'll see ll different stuff. But id say that a lot of people where im at are actually outdoorsy, not just cuz thats what people wear.

0/2500

Send It!

What Guys Said 7

• Well, you DO realize that the 90s fashion originated in Seattle, right? That's why "grunge" music got its name.

• Can we be known for stuff other than grunge and Starbucks haha

• Space Needle, Pop Culture Museum, the movie "Singles", Expo 62 and the monorail, the fish market, and doom when Mount Ranier blows up.

• Seattle has poor taste in everything.

• Damn 😶

• I love it

• They're a bunch of hippie loser types. Did you expect them to all wear three-piece suits on the regular?

• seattle has a poor taste in everything

• I guess Seattle never left the Grunge era?

What Girls Said 2

• kinda tho, but people are just comfortable on what they want to wear. and besides LA and NYC is just more fashion district

• I have never visited Seattle, therefore I have no clue