Does eyeliner on your lower lash line / lid make your eyes look bigger and pretty?

Is it a good look? I do it all the time and it makes my eyes look bigger, is this actually a thing?
Does eyeliner on your lower lash line / lid make your eyes look bigger and pretty ?

• No... It looks ugly! Who tf does that
  • Yes! It makes your eyes look big and pretty! Keep doing it!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think a little bit of it looks nice and makes your eyes stand out more

• Cool! I actually use a liner brush and dip it in black shadow and try to line it as close to my lash line as possible... its just easier for me haha

• I see a lot of people use a liner pencil for the lower lash line. Seems like the easiest way to me but I'm so bad with eyeliner lol

Sponsored

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 12

• If you do it correctly, yes. However, for the majority of people if they try to completely line their eyes like the model in your picture, it makes the eyes appear smaller. However, the black will make your eye color pop.

A good trick is to line your lash lines about 3/4 of the way to your inner eye and then smudge the eyeliner. Then, lightly apply a light shade of eye shadow like white in your inner eye lash lines. If you are using liquid eyeliner on top, do the same thing but gradually make the line thinner until it stops about 3/4 of the way in.

This isn't the only way to do it, but it is certainly an easy fix for someone who doesn't have a lit of makeup experience.

Hope this helps!

• To make your eyes look bigger, put a coat of mascara and some blended eyeshadow but leave your water line empty, even paint it with a white or beige pencil. And put a lot of mascara on your top lashes. Tightlining makes eyes look smaller. Unblended or liquid eyeliner on the bottom lash line is too harsh. However, some women look good with tightlined eyes, or with eyeliner on both lashes, so experiment and see what you like best. I like that look

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/.../...f93032f8be.jpg

• It can actually make your eyes look more narrow. If you want to open your eyes up, use a white or nude-ish eyeliner on the waterline. Though I do like the black liner look.

• no.
    it actually makes them look smaller. if you want bigger looking eyes do not apply the liner all the way from corner to corner. it will look fuller & bigger only if you apply liner half way. that means on your right eye apple liner from right to left, but stop mid way.

• I have to lightly line my bottom lashes and use black on my water line. For some reason lining my water line makes it look a million times better. Not sure if it makes my eyes look bigger but lining just my lash line looks unfinished and tired. I have almost invisible light eyelashes tho.

• Yes. But not on the wet line! It makes them look smaller. It has to be right below the lashes.

If you'd like another trick to make them appear bigger, try putting some white eye liner on the wet line. I heard that trick from a girl who does cosplay and it actually works:)

• yes but don't over do it

• Only a light line does on the inside of the lid. That photo looks a little over the top.

• When I do dark liner on my lower lash line my eyes actually appear smaller. Maybe it depends on the person's eyes, but it doesn't do the trick on me. If you want bigger looking eyes I would try white eyeliner on the lower lash liner to make them look larger.

• yeah it looks better

• If it's on the inside it makes them appear smaller, if on the lower lash line it makes them appear bigger. It's a great look

• If you use too much BLACK eye-liner on your lower lash line, you will end up having the opposite result. Use white eye pencil on your lower lash line and a little black eye-liner on the outer part of it. That will make your eyes look bigger.