Ladies-If I thin my hair out will it grow faster?

My hair is VERY thick- I'm wondering if all the thickness is congesting my hair follicles and causing it not to grow as fast? any ladies have any advice?

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't think so. But funny story, my cousin's wife is having a baby and her, I don't even know what to call this lady, midwife/therapist/whatever you want to call it, told her to cut her hair short because it's taking nutrients from the baby. Her hair was so long, below her butt and now it's above her shoulders.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• Nah. If you massage your scalp it will help your hair follicles breathe and probably help them grow faster. Try to avoid putting too much product in it unless neccessary. There really isn't much that will help your hair grow fast fast, but there are things that will help it grow faster. xD Vitamins, fruits, veggies, and exercise can help. :P

• girl if you black get a sewn in you could do a full or you could do just the back and leave the front out to make it look like its your it really works and put oil in side the hair I know about her I do hair

hope this helps

• LOL no I'm caucasian but my hair is tends toward someone that is african-american. thanks for the info though!

• I would say not to. I did that, my hair was extremely thick and pretty. I got it thinned out, and now it looks like I have half as much, and it has been six months, and it's hardly grown out, still looks bad. I would advise you not to do it.

• Well maybe you was leavin your sewn in to long I could be wrong that's what I think you leave it for 1m den take out wait a week den go back to it again I work at a hair shop there's other things you can do to make your sh*t grow

• it won't make a difference

eating healthy and cardiovascular exercise can help it grow