Why do people tell me I'm beautiful, thin, etc, and yet I wasn't asked to prom?!?! Guys?

I get compliments all the time on my intelligence, generosity, and how I should consider modeling as a career option. But I wasn't even asked to prom? What is this?

So I went anyways with my gal pals and had people asking me all night who my date was. When I told them no one, they were all like, "WHAT?"

I'm not boasting or anything, but don't you think someone with decent looks and personality should at least have someone ask her to prom? Are the guys intimidated or something? Please help =] lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Same here. I am petite and people tell me all the time about how pretty I am. But here's the thing: I am SUPER SHY and have trouble conversing with guys, even good friends. Also it wasn't until after high school that I learned from my younger sister that most people thought I was stuck up because I didn't talk very much. They took my shyness for bitchiness, so I imagine guys thought I would reject them flat out if they asked me to prom, when in reality I would've said yes. It's all about perception-most people think of you differently than how you see yourself. Weird, isn't it? :P

• Wow, same thing! I'm pretty shy and I started wondering if people were thinking I was a bitch instead of actually just being reserved and quiet. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who is being mistakenly sterotyped! :(So what should happen? Like should I continue going along my path and hope that maybe someone will realize I'm actually NOT a snob, or should I try to be more outgoing?

• Well I'm in college now and I still am pretty shy. I've tried being more outgoing, talking to guys and going to parties more. And I have been asked out (not by guys that I like but it still is a step up). Don't try to change your personality completely by all of a sudden being really sociable, do whatever makes you comfortable. But what I have learned is that sometimes you have to be more talkative and outgoing for a guy to take real notice of you. Hope this helps!

What Guys Said 6

• No matter how good you look you won't get many guys approaching you if you don't make yourself seem approachable, meaning down-to-earth and humble in a way.

• Same here - No one asked you because they either thought you already had a date or was to intimidated by your looks to ask you to the prom - Your eyes are beautiful btw = )

• guys get intimidated very easily if your profile pic is you than I can see why nobody asked. guys could have very easily thought you were too beautiful to ask, or figured that somebody had already asked you. if I had the chance to ask I probably wouldn't because you are to gorgeous.

• Well I certainly would've asked you :) Don't worry about being shy, I think it's kinda cute. And a lot of guys are shy too, they were probably intimidated by you.

• From your profile picture I'm pretty surprised too, you're beautiful...you must be really shy or something?

• Yeah, I am pretty shy...When people talk to me I respond and make nice conversation, so I thought that would be enough to catch someone's attention...But would I be better off to try and start conversations instead of just be in them? It's hard for me to go up to random people because I'm afraid they won't want to talk or something...lol

• But most guys would take time to talk to a pretty girl. If she's shy I prefer it that way because it shows that she's definitely interested and makes the conversation less one-sided.

• they called you so bcoz you are but the possibily even is they want to f*** u...or...

What Girls Said 0