No More EMO?

Okay.I have been EMO for like 3 years or so and everything I have in my closet and everything is EMO.My hair.my make up.everything. I don't want to be emo anymore but I don't know where to start from and change myself. Can you help PLEASE?

Most Helpful Girl

• Firstly I think it's important that you figure out what type of style you actually like now. I'm not saying you can only wear one style, but it helps to know what you like and would actually wear & look good in rather than what you like but would never wear. Go out shopping and start to buy clothes that you like that are far from emo, and begin to mix them into your current wardrobe. You can gradually phase out the 'emo' style stuff you don't like and replace with the new style stuff. Have a look through hair magazines/hair websites for new styles and colours that could work for you. Maybe you should drop by a make up place like MAC and ask for a make over tell them what look you want to stay away from and what you were thinking of for a change. Goooood luck !

What Guys Said 4

• I think the easiest change would be to simply start wearing more colors, particularly lighter colors and pastels. Goth style isn't much different than most other popular styles except that it's always dark colors. Stick with the style you feel comfortable with, just switch up the colors.that should do the trick.

• if you like the dark stuff keep it but you really need to tone down the make-up

the eyeliner is way to heavy, it is supposed to bring out your eyes. If the clothes are what's bothering you then I would recommend earthy type clothes to help with your hair. do not immediately go for bright drastic changes.

• Personally I like girls with dark hair and hazel/brown eyes.

I'm not really interested in Blondes.

You can stay scene, just don't be so dark. =]

• Personally I like emo girls but if you don't want to be an emo anymore you should be scene =)

What Girls Said 6

• i like the emo hairstyle, but a great place to start would be evening out your layers a bit, also, return to your natural color. ditch the black eye shadow and liner. then, rather than buying really blunt striped tops, buy things that are a little less over the top and more earthy.

• I would start off slow. Don't all of a sudden wear a hot pink mini skirt and sweater. When you go to the mall look for some light bright colors. Like light pink, blue, yellow or purple. Or even green. Pair them with jeans or khakis. If you have black hair dye it back to your original color. That way if you start off small you can get a feel for your new choices. If you absolutely hate it then wear black and gray and brown and those kinds of colors. Or even dark green. Then if you like the colors go bolder, and start wearing some nice jewelry. That way you won;t spend tons of money on new clothes then hate your new style.

• I think the best way to get rid of your "emo-self" is to get rid of everything that IS emo in your closet aka - your clothes, your make-up etc. Go for a shopping spree and buy yourself more summer colors, along with some light pastel make-up, get your hair re-done and try something amazingly different that you haven't done so before.

Get rid of the darker colors and go with brighter colors instead. Wear what you feel comfortable in - and just because you are no longer into the "emo-style" doesn't mean you can't wear black - but just remember to add in colors.

Goodluck.

• How about making a sort of gradual change. You could go artsy or vintage and still use many of the clothes you wear. Transform the style quirks that your used to into classy yet edgy. Watch "What Not To Wear" for tips.

• I agree - don't get rid of everything. and in the future you'll probably find uses for your current wardrobe. it's really easy to incorporate old stuff into an outfit. it's sorta like recycling and it looks really good if you do it right. :)

• First you have to start with the make up and then the hair then the clothe

• What do you mean you don't know where to start? Like dressing and your style and what not?