I'm going downhill.

Recently, I have just been looking for a girlfriend. I'm pretty decent looking, I'm funny, and polite. I guess that's not enough? Anyone I talk to kinda brushes me off. Should I give up?

Thanks for the help everyone! I really appreciate it.
Btw, I saw this girl at a school event. She didn't notice me a bit. I saw her AGAIN in a restaurant. She looked at me, smirked, but that's it. I talked to her later, she said she saw me, but wasn't sure. And that's it. Even when I see them nothing moves
I'm talking to girl after girl. Not even in a flirty way. I'm doing it to basically cross one after another off the long list. It's a pretty messed up way of doing things but it works.

Most Helpful Girl

• Whatever you do, don't give up. Sometimes your just in a funk and nothing seems to work out the way you would hope. I get extremely self concious when I see a guy I like and I feel like he doesn't even notice me. But I've discovered that if I stay confident and make a good impression on them when they see me, that they will remember me! Just talk to them, and if they don't seem to like you, don't sweat it, you'll find someone :)

What Girls Said 6

• I love funny guys haha don't worry, there is a girl out there for you. You just haven't found her yet. It's all about timing and patience. Me for example: I got my first boyfriend (and kiss) at 17. I'm funny, I'm attractive, I'm nice, I'm interesting but I was being lazy and waiting for a guy to find me. I went out and found him instead! Never tell yourself that you must not be good enough. Never tell yourself there is something wrong with you. There is something wrong with all those girls. And NEVER give up.

• hmm hit on artistic chicks. were more open minded.

idk that's what I would do.

seeing that some of us, like myself, are too open with what we have to say and just express what we feel freely. then we get critiziced or judged about it.

(I don't judge or lie. I take the time to find some kind of essense to the persons grace sort of speak.idk I speak for myself.)

idk how to explain it. but like hmmm if you a timid dude and you hit on this hot chick w a super ego. just be prepared for the outcome that being a good one or a bad one.

no you should give up. I'm pretty sure if you sit and wait you'll attract a weird chick like myself XD

so yeaaahh XD

(I wrote too much sorry)

• Put yourself out there more. Being decent looking and funny isn't enough if you don't have a presence that commands attention or an openness that welcomes it. They're not going to come to you, you have to go to them. Show more of an interest, smile more, talk more, laugh more. If you're just kind of in the background, no girl is going to have the opportunity of seeing any of your great traits.

• Don't give up! You will find someone you are compatible with who won't brush you off. Give it time and when you find her you'll be happy you didn't give up.

• Don't try so hard. Don't go with the intent on finding a girlfriend, try going out just to make friends first.

• Of course not silly! Just keep looking. Use ur heart not ur eyes! K :)

What Guys Said 4

• Take it from a guy - you have to take the hits and keep moving forward. It can get discouraging, but also don't force the issue.

Why do you feel at this moment you need a girlfriend? Did wake up and decide "Okay, I need a girlfriend, I'm going to get me one today!" ? That's not how it works.

Let it develop naturally... and if you happen to see someone you like and approach them, don't get too down on yourself if you get brushed off. Be polite, and always leave them with a smile. In time, you will encounter a girl and she will be yours.

• I think because, things have been going downhill for me. I've been feeling depressed, friends moving away. Losing friends that used to talk to me everday, and here I have stayed the same. I guess...something to feel gap.

• I know how you feel. I'm currently going through something similar. In the last couple of months, I've been rejected and have noticed just about everyone I know is either married or in a relationship. I feel stuck and alone, but I keep moving forward as I believe everything evens out in life.

Everyone has their own destiny. You're just going through a bit of a rough patch. It will pass. In the meantime, shake things up. Time for new activities and meeting new people.

• Listen up brother, I'm a man in a similar situation.

Sometimes you're flush, and sometimes you're bust. Just keep your head up man. Get out and try new things, live your life how you want to live it. Eventually, love and life will coincide. Until then take the ticket and ride the ride.

You will eventually meet the woman that you are meant to share many great days with, but until then just enjoy what you have. Freedom and independence gets lost in the shuffle of relationships...

• I feel you, seriously, it's way easier for a girl to get a boyfriend than it is for a guy to get a girlfriend

• I feel you. Same way, it feels like people are leaving me and even when I get close enough to a girl, she ends up dropping me like a rock and it's like...what happened?

I think I'm funny too, and interesting, and at least not terrible looking.

I think you're like me, that it'll feel nice to have a companion, especially a female one.