How to give myself a more mature/bad girl look?

So a lot of people make fun of me and call me little girl and say I look completely innocent and that just doesn't match my personality cause I feel completely degraded and looked down upon... I'm almost 17 and I still feel and look like I'm 12 :(

link

I was thinking of getting my tongue pierced..

or industrial to create an edgy look. suggest make up tips, or clothing tips or hair styles hair colors. I was even thinking of getting hazel contacts to liven up my face since I have dark brown eyes and dark brown hair. I'm open to suggestions . please help!

Most Helpful Girl

• You do look young, but man, will you be happy when you get older. I went through the same thing in my teens and twenties. When I was in my early twenties I was mistaken for a teenager a lot and even at 29 I was mistaken for my early twenties.

I actually did not care much because the impression never lasted long due to my attitude. I am well spoken, thoughtful and can be quite serious in the workplace and that also flows into my personal life. People can think what they want but the moment I started speaking, it was clear that I was older than my looks. I was always treated with respect because of it.

When you have a baby face you really are not going to look less baby-faced with a tongue piercing. But a haircut that was less school-girlish and more edgy, that would be of help. Then work on your attitude. Make sure you don't speak with a little girl voice and you don't act like a ditz. And stop thinking that looking young is degrading. Your thoughts on the subject just fuel anything other people are doing to you.

What Guys Said 5

• You are naturally very pretty. I guess that's not what you want to hear, but as you get older your facial structure will become more defined and you will be hot. I'm in-charge of casting where I work and some of the models who have been working with us for a while now started when they where ur age and very soft looks and many of them have become stunning looking girls. Don't worry about what people are saying to you, most of them are insecure in their own skin - just don't become trashy!

• idk why you would want to change the way you look

you seem attractive (:

you do seem like ur in 10th grade tho hahaha

I think its because its the lack of curves (Don't worry I lack facial hair so sometimes I look like a 13 year old boy when I'm really 19 lol)

but I was thinking wearing some slacks with a blouse then unbutton a few buttons (my fav outift for a girl to wear =) )

and also try and act mature .

Tha will help people think you are older

• idk I don't think you look 12. I think just be yourself because people will see through ring to act bad and it will look bad on your part. you are very pretty and don't change a thing because a guy will want to be with the real you

• why change? maybe your hairstyle but you look cool how you are

• to look more mature/bad girl , start behaving like one.

What Girls Said 3

• well I got my tongue pierces when I was in college my freshmen year, and people deffinitly look at you differnetly maybe not so much grown up in the way that your looking because most people think that its trashy . Bc a lot of people think its only good for sexual encounters, but I loved mine, it was kinda of a rebel thing directed towards my parents and everyone thought I was innocent too. well that changed pplease minds, My dad did not like it. I had to take mine out because I'm going into the police academy. But anyways. Try wearing clothes that are more grown up , darker colors and button up tops, or blouses, wear less make up, pple view young people that are starting to grow up to wear a lot of make up, less is more, be more suttle with your make up. wear more low cut shirts , not ones that your boobs hang out of but show alittle skin off. Mature people, more professional don't wear skinny jeans, or that kind of stuff, try wearing sun dresses but that are more sexy then kiddy. Don't change your eye color, you were given then for a reason. As for your hair, put high lights in your hair, its kinda like a peacook they are bright colored(blue and green) to attract the opposite sex. Don't put blue or green in your hair.. but blonde or red , depending on your skin tone, Shorted hair seems to be a grown up look, not too short but at your shoulders or alittle more short , like a bob with swoop bangs.

• Your actually really pretty. But to look older, I'd try some darkish eyeliner. Not too thick, though. Hazel contacts might be good, but I can't really see your eyes. You could also try highlights or lowlights, depending if you want your hair to look darker or lighter. But lighter eyes=darker hair, and vice versa.

• You look young because your face looks so fresh. I think you might still have some 'baby fat' in your face. In a few years that should go away and your cheekbones should be more prominent, giving you a more mature, aged look.

For now, there's not much you can do except use makeup to create contours in your face. Try using a blush and bronzer to make your cheeks and cheekbones pop. That'll help.

Getting a tongue piercing won't make you look older, it'll just make you look weird. I know that not all people with tongue piercings are emo and weird. But that's the stigma that is attached to tongue piercings, sorry to say.

You shouldn't do anything that drastic to appear older anyway, try my makeup tip and your style is just fine for your age. You don't dress like a 12-year old, you have what looks like some good style. Your haircut and style is fine as well, it doesn't make you look young. It really is just your face in my opinion. And changing your eye color won't make you look any older either. That's just stupid.

Good luck.