Why do women keep calling me honey, babe, and sweetie?

Hey everyone,

So every time I go out to eat waitresses keep calling me honey,babe and sweetie , and the thing is that they are all young(18+) and beautiful looking. That doesn't just apply to waitresses , girls that I meet in clubs or while I'm out say the same thing when we start talking.

Your Thoughts?

Most Helpful Guy

• probably for the tips, women are tricky that way. Lot of waitress are also amateur actors so yeah it's most likely an act. It's not only waitress that do this so be careful, don't be fooled just because she pretty and talks all sweet, she may just be using you.

What Girls Said 2

• Most likely this is probably just something girls say, like any other way of addressing you. Unless they're also flirt, it probably doesn't mean much.

• I was a waitress at Friendly's and when I called anyone a pet name it was to get better tips. And it worked, so yeah.

As for other girls you meet who aren't working then they're obviously flirting with you.

Good luck.

What Guys Said 1

• I've noticed this too. Frankly, it's annoying as hell and more than a little condescending to have a 19 year-old talk to you as if she were your Aunt Doris. And it definitely never made me want to give anyone a better tip.