Why are guys so complicated?

Why is everything pertaining to guys AND girls so complicated? Why are flirting, dating then relationships so complicated? And just love in general?!

Feeling very frustrated and lonely these days. Looking for some enlightenment.

Thanks for all of your opinions, they were all great. I appreciated your answers and I gave you all +1.

Most Helpful Guy

• Ah my lovely young lady, the big why that so plagues us all. I fear the greatest irony of all is that the answer to why things are so complicated is a simple one. It is because we are complicated as a species. The complexity is because we make things complicated intentionally and there are many who lack the courage to be honest not only with others, but most importantly with themselves, so these people lie and scheme and confuse because the truth is more than can be borne by them. I can assure you it would be the desire of many, that such things were simpler, it would be this very desire that we have philosophers, poets, artists and bards. Take courage in knowing you are not alone in your quest for clarity in a meaningful and fulfilling relationship. Remain true to yourself any your efforts will not go unanswered as you will find one who is worthy of your love and loyalty. Take heart you will not roam this earth alone.

What Guys Said 4

• I wonder the same thing too, I wonder why do us guys have to go through a series of tests in order to show the girl we are boyfriend material?

• Relationships are so complicated because the people involved in them are. The people involved in them are so complicated because of their own emotions and thoughts, which are infinite: worries, hopes, fears, prejudices, conspiracies and whatever else are constantly flowing into and out of one's consciousness at great rate. Even if a couple could read each others' thoughts and emotions, they still wouldn't be able to fully understand each other. People are ever-changing in their moods, opinions, and whatever else.

More specifically, flirting is necessary to be surer of our own feelings towards a person before we attempt to enter into a relationship with them, as well as to be as certain as possible about their feelings for us so we don't make fools of ourselves and end up being hurt. I could write pages about the purposes of emotions involved in love, but basically I see a lot of them s being there to guard against infatuation and heartbreak, and ultimately foster love.

However, some people like to play mind games, which I feel are unnecessary and in some cases cruel.

• Who is this and why do you keep answering all my questions anonymously? I liek your advice.

• I prefer to use anonymity as a preventive measure to protect against any possible backlash via messaging in response to my opinions/comments.

• Ooh.

• Because people are getting to picky or stubborn. There were times when it was staring me right in the face and not realize until it was too late. Could have been my own insecurities, trying to make sure if the other person feels the same, or vice versa. Then the f***en games begin. I guess the only way around that is to be up front and hope for the best. Easier said then done sometimes, it sucks.

• Sucks sometimes doesn't it?

What Girls Said 2

• Its always going to be complicated... but to keep it less complicated on my end I am straight-forward and always ask questions. I'm not afraid to put myself out there... Idk.. it seems to work for me. Hang in there.. its not always going to feel some complicated.

• I completely agree. Why can't dating just be easy? I guess it's because everyone has different feelings, wants, and desires. And it's so hard to find someone who wants the same thing. Not to mention, in every relationship, there is always someone who loves/likes the other less. That always creates issues. :(