What are the "average" women's clothing sizes?

On this website you hear so much talk of girls wishing to be size 0 or worrying that they are fat (when they're blatantly not).

SO I wanted to find out, what are the "average" normal healthy womens clothing sizes in your opinion?

I myself am not from the USA but during a shopping trip to NYC last summer I discovered in Abercrombie & Fitch that I am in fact a "small" or "X small" (size 4 I think. not sure?!) on top and a definite size 6 on bottom because of my big ass! I consider myself neither skinny or fat, yet there are girls on here my size saying they're huge!

Opinions please?

Updates:
To me UK sizes make much more sense and are waay more consistent. It seems like US sizes vary LOADS.

0|0
3|0

Most Helpful Girl

• It's hard to really know what size you would be considered since all stores' sizes are different. For example, at Charlotte Russe I am a size 5 and Kohls I am a size 1. It really depends on the style as well, because they all fit differently(at least with me). Your height and body shape have to be taken into consideration too. I say if your fit and toned up, and/or are satisfied with yourself in the mirror then it doesn't matter what size you are.

1|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.

What Girls Said 2

• It depends on the girl really. We all have images we'd like to see ourselves as. I personally am a size 1. I have curves and am tone. I wish I was a little thicker but most of my g/fs wish they were my size. It varies on what you consider "average."

1|0
    0|0
  • Well they say the average American woman is 5'4 and a size 12-14 and I'm sorry but that is too big.

I think an average size depends on your shape and body build. Maybe like a 7/8.

1|0
    0|0