Bikini vs. Monokini?

monokinis are those cut-out one piece bathing suits

Most Helpful Guy

• Depends on your body type, but something like this one in the link could be really sexy if you have the figure for it. The thing is, though I don't know what kind of body you have. If you have a body that's kinda cute looking and on the skinny side, then go with a bikini. If you have a body that is more shapely and you have more curves in the hips, then go with a monokini. Though I say if you're feeling more playful, and still not sure where you fit in for body type, I say go with something cute like a tankini. For example, a tankini is this something like the one seen in this link here. This is my suggestion.

To be honest I think a good swimsuit is all dependent on a person's body type and skin tone. The body type really says what kind of swimsuit will look best on who. So really you should try to aim for what you look like. Face it, not everybody is meant to wear the same kinds of swimsuits. Some girls just can't pull off any of the aforementioned types of swimsuits. Some need something different. Also you may notice I mentioned skin tone. That's because a lot of the time that can come into play when choosing a good colour, and pattern. You want to be able to match it with your skin and sometimes hair. Again this is just if you want to look really fucking good.

Now assuming you're asking about yourself, I think I can do a lot better telling you what would be more suited to you if I saw a picture. That way I'd know what kind of body type you have. Optional of course.

Anyway I hope you had fun with my answer. Talk to you later, maybe.

• I'm checking back on a lot of my old answers like I usually do. I wanted to do a follow up to see if what I told you was at all helpful to you. So did my advice help?

What Guys Said 2

• bikinis

• Depends on the person, their figure, how confident they are or what they think is more flatering...

What Girls Said 8

• monokinis can look good on either shapely or very slim figures.

bikinis should more or less be worn on "sexy" bodies...sounds rough, I know, but 'tis true. A bigger gal should try to wear something that they're not "hanging out" in, and generally, bikinis are all about exposure.

i'm not judging or trying to sound rude, but it's merely what I believe looks best. Anyways, I'd probably be in the bigger gal range anyways. lol.

• I like these because I"m fit enough for a bikini but at my age it's a little ridiculous, so the monokini works for me.

• I don't know why exactly, but I usually don't like monokinis. Even though they technically cover more, they always end up looking cheaper.

• Love monokinis but I think you have to have a near perfect body to wear them, otherwise they create odd bulges and stuff. Actually I think you need to have a better body to wear a monokini than a bikini. If you have the body for one then go for it though!

• bikinis! not that monokinis aren't cute. . . but I just like bikinis more.

• I like these suits...they cover the parts that are a problem, but still show a lot.

• it really depends on the suit itself

for example,

I would wear this

link

but wouldn't wear this

link

• link Ones like this are absolutely gorgeous. To me monokini makes an illusion as if you have curves (If you don't have any)