How to not fall for looks in dating?

I just recently started dating and I find myself giving more chances to hot girls even if they are immature or not my type. This needs to stop, but it's difficult to do.

Okay, Sorry, I think I mis-wrote. What I meant is that I find I keep giving the SAME hot girls MORE THAN ONE chance just because they're hot even though I discovered they're not my type.

Most Helpful Girl

• ok here's the best way to put it. I dated tons of jerks and the only reason I went for them is because I was attracted to them physically. Later on it dawned on me that they were totally concieted/immature and I just started looking for personality but there also has to be some attraction.Seems like you're still in the young stage where you look at girls and see them just for beauty. when you start dateing trashy girls then it will hit you that dateing doesn't mean anything if your just with them for looks.it just takes time and plenty of crappy relationships to figure this out.

What Girls Said 2

• Luckily not all hot girls or attractive girls are immature.

I think it is good to try and date outside of your type but sometimes all it does is show you that what you like is what you like. I do think you will find a way to get someone you have a physical attraction to while still getting everything else you want.

• Seeing your update, I would say not to worry too much about it. It happens. Over time we tend to get tired of getting the same predictable bad results from dating someone and we do tire of it. I went through a bad breakup and started dating casually and met some attractive guys. One was particularly hot and particularly an a-hole. Took about a year (of random contact) but it happened. I got sick of it and will not be going back to that again.

• I can't tell you how to stop your patterns. All I can say is to get out of your comfort zone and ask someon eout you most likely wouldnt. not because she is uglly but beacuse she doesn't meet your guidlines. you never know, you could stumble upon the right person when you least expect it

What Guys Said 3

• You already have people that you are not attracted to sexually, they are called friends and family... Fighting whatever or whoever you are attacted to will be a losing battle. This is why the friend zone exists. By the way, just because a woman doesn't look hot doesn't mean that she is going to be mature or your type, trust me.

• Why would you want this to stop? Would it be fair to a girl if you dated her but weren't attracted to her?

• just keep dating the hot girls until you finally UNDERSTAND looks without other qualities don't last.. lol