Why am I like the only girl without a boyfriend?

I'm about to be a sophomore in high school, and I've never had a boyfriend. I'm kinda quiet, and I don't think I have a terrible personality... I'm pretty thin, I am 5'5" 100 lbs, so being overweight is not the issue. So does that mean I'm just really ugly? Only adults have ever said I'm pretty, like in the grocery store this lady met me for the first time, and she didn't say hi she said "she's really pretty" to my sister, and at dinner someone was looking at me and said "you know, you are really pretty" and someone else added "yeah, you are even really pretty without makeup" and on Facebook one of my moms friends commented on a photo of me that I was gorgeous, but they are only adults! The only time a kid has said I was pretty was when I wore my hair in a French braid, people all said I looked good and one girl said "you look really pretty today" and some other girl said "yeah you do" but aside from that, no one my own age calls me pretty, so is that why I don't have a boyfriend? Am I really that ugly?

Most Helpful Girl

• being pretty and thin has very little to do with getting a boyfriend. Look at the world around you, look at some of the relationships you've witnessed, not all of them are pretty and thin. I think one thing you need to know is that rarely do people compliment you without being sincere, take those compliments as a sign that you are beautiful. As soon as you start to see that and recognize it, more people will too, but again, that's only half the battle. You have thoughts, feelings, opinions, demands, likes, dislikes etc. Those are the qualities you want to examine and focus attention on. One last thing, never settle for a man just because he said you are pretty. Go out there and get what YOU want. You deserve it :)

What Guys Said 2

• same happened to me and I didn't have a girlfriend in high school and it was awesome!

It kept me away from all the drama that high school is about.

If you want a drama free years stay away from relationships

and you don't have to be ugly. I Don't think you are anyways

Maybe guys are looking for a easy lay and you aren't a easy lay?

• If you want you can send me you pic and I'll rate you. 1-10 scale, I'm not being funny BTW

What Girls Said 4

• I didn't have a boyfriend until I was a sophmore in college, and while I was in highschool I wondered the samething you are doing right now...and I was told I was pretty mostly by adults as well. There's not one answer I could give you that would explain why, there's a lot of factors. I'm sure your a very pretty girl, and that could intimidate a lot of guys. However, highschool is full of emotional baggage, and I can tell you personally that I'm glad I didn't get involved with anyone until after I graduated.

• I didn't date until after highschool. just have confidence in that you will get a boyfriend eventually. there is no time limit on these things.

• Because your a nice girl. The nice girls don't get sh*t in high school. Guys only go for the easy, slutty girls right now. Trust me, I would know. Both of us are just going to have to wait. I doubt it's because your ugly, but if you want, you can post a pic and I can give you tips. If you don't want to post it on here, just message me a photobucket link.

• the same thing happens to me hun. I have had boyfriends before but onoy cause I made the first move. maybe your too shy. if so, you should try to be more friendly or more outgoing. and no, your not ugly. if adults say it, its true. especially if it strangers. otherwise they would just shake their heads at you. your ok. but anyway, you ok. don't stress out abou tnot having a boyfriend. most people don't really get into serious relationships until junior or senior year. hold on and be strong.