Girls with navel piercings--please tell me of your experiences?

If you hate piercings, I really don't want a rant about how it's slutty or it'll get infected or whatever. I want to gather information from girls who have been through it.

Please tell me this:

--How much did it cost you?

--How badly did it hurt?

--How long did it take to heal?

--Have you had any negative experiences with it?

--How long have you had it?

--Do you like your piercing still?

--What reactions have you gotten from guys regarding the piercing?

Most Helpful Girl

• I love my piercing, I took it out for a day to see if I really wanted to keep it and I honestly felt like my stomach was naked and weird looking with out it. Not that unpierced bellybuttons are ugly, but on myself I just feel it looks funny without it. I've had it for almost 3 years now and the only thing about it that sometimes annoys me is that in the shower I use one of those mesh/net loofa things and it gets caught on it occasionally. To get it done didn't hurt, it felt like a pinch but afterwards for an hour it stung a little. Where I get all my piercings done it's 45$, some places may charge more, or less- just make sure it's clean. If needles make you cringe or get light headed make sure to eat something sugary but filling before you get it done, like a few cookies or something just so afterwords you don't pass out or anything (silly, but it happens). Typically they say wait 6 weeks before changing your ring but in my experience I had it out and changed in half of that time but make sure you clean it! You definitely don't want to risk an infection around the soft tissue in your stomach. If you really want it done, I say go for it because if you get it and like it then you're all set, and if you don't, It's not impossible to take it out.

Have fun. :)

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 9

• It was sixty dollars I think, I had it done when I was 15 and I've had it 5 years. Actually getting it pierced didn't hurt even as much as my ears, I just felt him pinching the skin and then I felt the needle go through but I didn't hurt at all. It was really sore though for a few weeks, just like a really bad bruise. It took I think 4 or 5 months to totally heal. The only bad experience I've had is when I once wore a dangly ring and it hooked on my belt and since it wasn't completely healed yet It hurt SOOO BAD when I stood up and it tugged but now that it's totally healed that wouldn't hurt. In high school guys thought it was the sexiest thing ever and thought it was really hot but now in college it's not really a big deal. like 4 out of 5 girls have one so it's not special. Good luck!

• Please tell me this:

--How much did it cost you?

It cost me sixty dollars, but prices range.

--How badly did it hurt?

It didn't feel good, but the pain is mild and over with fast.

--How long did it take to heal?

I don't remember, but they say wait 6 weeks to change jewelry.

None.

--How long have you had it?

3 years.

--Do you like your piercing still?

Yeah. If I forget to put my ring back in I feel weird without it.

So many girls have them that you don't get a big reaction from them. I've got way more reaction from my tongue ring. My boyfriend plays with it sometimes. If I forget to wear it he notices and aks where my belly ring is.

• It cost me $105.00 total, including a $15.00 tip cause my piercer was really nice. The service itself was only $25.00, but I but a super nice navel ring for my starter piercing, and I think that was $65.00. You can get it done for MUCH cheaper though, just make sure your tattoo/piercing shop is reputable. On a scale of 1-10, I would give it a 2, but a have a pretty high pain tolerance and no problem with needles, etc. Even if you don't though, it's still not very painful. It healed after about a month, but kinda fluctuated on and off after that, and got kinda crusty looking and red sometimes. Even though I wasn't supposed to do this, I started changing the jewelry after 3 weeks, but I was totally fine. My only negative experiences have been when I'm trying to hide it from people (so far I've been successful) and sometimes the piercing catches on tights, leggings, pants, etc. and snags uncomfortably. You can avoid this for the most part by wearing low rise bottoms for the first few months after you get pierced. though. I've had it about 7 months, and am 18 now. I absolutely LOVE my piercing and only wish I'd gotten it done sooner. I feel like I will always love it, but if I don't when I'm 40, I'll just let it grow back, as it's not like getting a tattoo. Most guys seem okay with my piercing and I definitely have gotten lots of compliments, but they don't really seem to notice for the most part.

If you're thinking about, I'd definitely advise you to get a navel piercing, as they're super adorable and somewhat temporary compared with other forms of body modification. However, it is kind of a pain in the butt if you have to hide it from parents, so if that's an issue for you, I'd wait until after summer, or whenever your stomach will be covered most of the time.

Good luck!

• I did mine by myself about two months ago using a piercing kit that I bought online for about $30. It didn't hurt while I was doing it, however afterward it did hurt in exactly the way you'd expect a new piercing to hurt, it wasn't shocking, is what I'm trying to say. I was able to change the ring two weeks after. It's doing fine, but still hurts sometimes. Like when I'm stupid and impale myself on things. I love it, and you just have to remember to be careful. After about a week and a half, it stopped just hurting and so I'd forget about it and lean up against a counter or my desk or something and... well, then I remembered... All the guys I've been with have thought it was really hot.

• my sister had a naval for a bit. she eventually took it out. I have also had one, and took it out almost immidiately. my sister is better at caring for her new piercings than I am, and they tend to heal faster on her. mine made my nostril swollen, and became infected. I'm not sure how long it took for my sister's to heal completely.

well it wasnt very expensive, but try to go to a nicer place (the piercings they use are of a better quality, and will help it heal faster).

uhm I would say that because the nose is a dominant feature on a person's face, it would be a good idea to make sure it really suits you. my nose is a little bit wide, and didn't look very good on me. my sister's is a little slimmer, and it looked decent.

judging from your pictures, a nose ring wouldn't be bad on you, but I think you would actually look better without one.

in my opinion you really have to have a certain look to really look good in a nose ring.

• 1. £20.

2. Not at all.

3. 6 months.

4. No.

5. Inverse for 3 years, standard for 1 and a half.

6. Yes.

7. They lurrvvvveeee it.

• piercings are sweet,

as long as you fallow the rules that the piercer gives you your piercing should not get infected.

its normal that your piercing will get crusty during the first few months. piercings don't hurt very much, and if you cry your a p**** :)

just pay attention that your piercing does not get caught on clothing or anything, and everything will be fine.

• I got mine when I was 16. It cost about $40, didn't hurt too much, just a little pinching. I don't know if it's just me, but it hasn't really healed completely still, and it's been four years. If I leave it out for more than a day it starts to close up. I love it, it's hot, haven't had any negative reactions. Just do what you feel suits you! :)

• 1. £15 2. It doesn't hurt atall just pinches. 3. Mine only took a few weeks 3. Nope not atall 4. 4 years 5. Yes 6. All the guys have loved it and like to play with it lol