Guys, is beauty purely just physical appearance?

Pretty self explanatory. But do you base beauty on physical appearance, on personality and character, or both?

Faye x

Lol thanks for you're opinions...its nice to know that my grandma wasn't just saying it to make me feel better when she told me its about who you are inside that makes you a beautiful person :)

Most Helpful Guy

• I base beauty on personality and character, because that is far more important than what's on the outside. Just because you have gotten a the most jaw-dropping ferrari does not mean she'll be have the best engine inside. What I mean is, just because a girl looks beautiful does not mean that she'll be loyal or have a good personality.

Actually, for my part, I've noticed that some of the girls I have been before with became (within my mind) drop-dead gorgous, and these girls was your typical "normal" girl. That was just because their personality was really, really good.

What Guys Said 5

• looks need to be there to an extent, but unless you have a third eye growing on your face most girls can pull off a good look with makeup, good style and a healthy lifestyle so It comes down to personality for me in most cases, unless its for a one night stand, in that case even if the girl is an idiot I might have sex with her but for sure she's not going to see me the next day

• Both, but character wins out over time; average and decent is far more tolerable than pretty and evil.

• Beauty just starts with the outside with the initial attraction. The true beauty shows when you get to know each other and actually like them for who they are.

• Primarily physical, but not exclusively by any means.

• Good question! Well, first off you are physically gorgeous. Very good to look at. That is a good quality, but not always what I look for. I have friends who date "hot girls" with no personalities and that are complete bitches because they know they're hot. Then on the other hand, you have someone like my sister who is very physically attractive and dates this average looking chubby guy. He's the nicest guy ever and really great to her. So in that sense, there is something about him that she finds physically attractive, and his personality makes up for the rest. I think that there should be a combination of both though. Looks seem way too important these days and good people are getting looked past because of it.

What Girls Said 1

• Well I guess I think of beauty as more physical, but it happend all the time when I see a guy and I'm like "Wow, he's so hot!" then I get to know him, and suddenly he looks ugly. Both play their part I guess.