Tall is not attractive?

The guy I like won't date me because I'm tall. I've never been rejected before based on my height...

I am tall, as in model tall. I am also thin although not sickly. I know that I am pretty because I get asked out a lot. But the problem is, the guy I like doesn't want me because I am an inch taller than him. He said he just wasn't attracted to me physically because of that. He likes my personality, but he can't be in a relationship with me because I'm tall.

I know 5.9 is tall for a girl but there are many people taller than myself...

I understand that it's psychological and you can't have a relationship without attraction, but because I'm tall? This is just something I have ever had a problem with before. Is it that he feels inferior or something?

How many of you won't date a girl who is taller by a mere inch?

Most Helpful Girl

• he is rejecting you not because of how you look, but because of how he thinks he'll look next to you. he's only thinking of himself. he's shallow, and isn't worth your time.

• I very rarely find tall girls attrative. The large majority of guys like height of course. Just saying. Everyone's different.

What Guys Said 7

• He sounds a little shallow. My significant other is 2 inches taller. You need to talk with him about this. Your compatibility with him won't be based on height. It just shouldn't be an issue.

I am beginning to dislike this guy and I don't even know him.

• It's a poor excuse to have, but legitimate nevertheless. It's the same with some people who won't date outside of their race or date "fat" people. Personally, an attractive girl taller than me doesn't bother me. If she is more muscular than I am, then yeah it could be a problem. Those girls are scary.

• Short guys can be self-conscious. That can be magnified when they are dating a girl who is taller than them. I wouldn't say that all guys are like that though, I'm sure there are many shorter guys who would just die to go on a date with you. I wouldn't worry about it, it's his loss.

• Sounds like this guy is a little insecure, or maybe he’s no that into you, did he come out and just say “I don’t wanna date you, because you’re tall?” if he did then what can you do? You can’t get shorter to suit his needs (you might be able to peel some skin off the bottom of your feet, but that’s a little extreme)

Judging by your some what egotistical description of yourself then why on earth are you dwelling on this little short boy that obviously short every where ;)

• Well, to be defensive, I had to be egotistical because I didn't want anyone posting 'it's because you're not pretty enough" or "because you're fat" etc. I wanted a real explaination. I am secure enough in my appearence that I know that that isn't an issue. As for the other, he flat out told me that an inch taller doesn't matter. Then he stopped texting me and calling me. He also won't return my texts. It was a blind date where we'd been chatting through phone and internet WITH PICTURES for month

• Chemistry is a very volatile and unstable science, one day two elements mix perfectly, the next day they're exploding in your face. sorry for the cheesy metaphor but I though it might help drive my point home (lol). People are very unpredictable, anything could be going through this guys head, it might not even be the fact that you're taller then him. Some of his friends or family could be hounding him about getting involved with a girl online/ phone with out actually seeing her 1st.

• Okay I understand. Thank you

• it's alright, you can look at examples like Tom Cruise. Both Nicole Kidman and Katie Holmes are taller than him. Try mentioning this to him.

• I like tall girls, personally I'm very attracted to them

• I don't think this guy is actually a guy. I think he might be severely mentally challenged or gay. You are like my dream girl. PS- I'm 5'10" so it could work.

What Girls Said 1

• hes insecure and shallow.