Does my prom dress look ok on me?

OK so prom is a growing thing in the UK now thanks to America lol :) And I have one coming up in July. I recently brought a dress. I have a picture on my profile of me wearing it and I also have a picture from the site on my profile. I have a week to give it back. I want to see your opinion though as I am not letting anyone see it until prom night apart from my mum who tells me everything looks good so I can hardly trust her opinion lol. Its never blue and floor length, with gold, silvery bits. it also has a slit up the leg. I really love it but I want to look great from prom because I've never been to one before and its quite exciting lol. But yeah check out my profile and let me know...does it compliment my figure..does the color suit me...any tips on how my hair should be? This can be answered by girls or guys, it would be nice to have an opinion from both genders. Cheers really appreciate any input :)

Most Helpful Girl

• to be honest its doesn't flatter your figure that much...i think you should go with what they call "a princess prom dress" and maybe try it in a pink, yellow, baby blue, & try wearing your hair in an up do with lots of curls..or maybe even down with loose curls...i hope you have a great prom though..i know this is off subject but I love your leggings in that one picture lol...

What Guys Said 1

• Usually if you have to ask if it looks good on you, it probably doesn't.

Brighter colors would look better on you because of your tone and your hair. Blue is close to black, but for you id go black all the way.

As for your hair, goto a stylist and they should be able to glam it up for you.

Might as well invest some money into it, after all its your prom.

Honestly the dress is alright. Its not terrible, but you could be wearing something that goes better on you.

What Girls Said 4

• Its a pretty dress your a pretty girl, I just don't think it fits your body type well. It doesn't look bad, it just doesn't look AMAZING. Halter tops like that are designed for rather bust women, try a sweetheart top or spaghetti strap.

As for your hair, if its a darker dress I would go with a half up half down. But if you change your mind and choose a more colorful dress I would suggest a full up do, professionally done if possible.

• The dress is nice, very unqiue. But not for your body shape.. you need something that will show off your shoulders , the middle area of the dress has to much going on.. Its not flattering you in the right way.. something with less jewels, but still fitted would look awesome.

• It was ok. .not woooow. .it's ur prom, you should be wearing something woooow. .that suits you too. .

• its pretty and if you like it and feel good in it then you'll have a great night.