16 & Ugly?

So I'm 16 years old and well ugly.I've never been kissed,never had a boyfriend and never done anything sexual and I know it's because I'm not pretty.I'm not one of those ugly girls who bashes really pretty girls,I love Megan Fox and Adriana Lima and really beautiful girls like that.But I don't ever expect to get married or have a boyfriend,I've accepted that I'll probably be alone forever and that's cool.And it doesn't help that in my little circle of friends,which is 5 of us,I'm the ugly one and my friends are all gorgeous and always get hit on,so I guess I'm basically the "token" person ya know?There's a name for that I can't remember but anyways.I wear make-up,workout and wear cute clothing and have good hygiene and I've tried all of the confidence in the world but that doesn't help especially when people start making fun of you in front of you if that makes sense.Well while I know I'm ugly it's something I've come to terms with,I still do think about it all of the time and really really wish I could be pretty.There's been times when I've cried myself to sleep thinking about it.I have hobbies,I'm in band and color guard and I play a few instruments and I'm certainly not a nerd especially grade wise,so I keep myself busy,but idk.advice?

I can tell you the make-up I wear...anything please?I just want to look decent for at least one day of my life

Can anyone tell me,if I post a picture from photobucket,how can I delete the link afterward or at least delete the picture on the link?And which link do I use?
Sorry about the darkness in the pics and my dress didn't fit correctly,so it made me look kinda big:(
Thank you all for advice:) I deleted the pics,but thank you all

Most Helpful Girl

• Sweetheart, let me tell you I was in the same boat as you and in some ways I still am. I cried myself to sleep before, I felt like I would never get married or find someone to love me beyond my looks. BUT I learned that we are all beautiful in our own way. We sometimes don't see the beauty in ourselves that others see. For example: I always thought I had the ugliest face in the world, yet when I get the confidence to stop thinking about my looks and just be myself. People (guys and all) told me that I had one of the best smiles they had ever seen. I get these things when I'm dressed like normal (not super cute), without makeup and around beautiful girls. I'm not sitting here trying to brag, I want you to understand that in time you will come across guys that see what is SO GREAT in you!

BTW, those people who tease you will look like hell in 10-15 years where (as adenyhl said) You will be blossoming. I'd love to see a pic of you and tell you exactly what is beautiful about you.

My heart truly goes out to you and I hope I helped in even a small way :)

• Girl you are not ugly! Anybody who told you you were was just jealous and stupid. You have a gorgeous face!

• This is very true- people used to tease me like hell growing up and I COMPLETELY changed for the better! And they look AWFUL now! They were always the ones laughing, but now I'M the one laughing at them because they're all really fat and really ugly and I'm not lol so you will be the better one just you wait! People always told me that when I was younger, but I didn't believe it. But I found out it's 100% true! :)

• That's like me. I get picked on all the time because I'm short and I don't have a pretty face. I've had boyfriends but all they did was use me. I don't know if I should change my style or makeup or what? Can someone help me?

What Guys Said 41

• You already look really nice.

I don't understand why you worry about it so much.

For the first time in 17 years of my life, I have a girlfriend. I met her precisely 6 days ago.

There is a time and place for everything. May be its not the time for you. Yet.

Don't be too hard on yourself just because you never had a boyfriend. My dad says he got his first kiss from my mother when he was 26 (and she was 23).

First kiss. First girlfriend. 26.

You're 16. Wait 10 more years and if you still don't have a boyfriend, you will be in the situation of my dad (meaning that you are still normal).

• You know what? You're sixteen.

Stop worrying about getting laid, or doing anything sexual. You will eventually do it. Everyone does. Unless you are deformed, or look like a man, I am sure you will find someone who will love you.

I remember this girl in high school, her name was Megan. I used to consider her as ugly/plain. I saw her a couple weeks ago, and oh my god. I nearly crapped myself. If I would have known she would have turned out like that, I would have definitely paid her more attention and gotten to know her better.

Give it time. You may not be flourishing now, but honestly, high school isn't all that important. So many people are self conscious, and they push those insecurities onto others. College/University is where all the fun happens. Just hold tight, get good grades, smile and be happy with yourself. You will eventually find someone. :)

• yea wen I was in high skl I had different facial features from the average girl and I thought I was weird ...i stil got guys bt besides that...asi got older they actually made me look good and peple complimented me...you are young you are still growing..

• *Hits hand to forehead* I will never understand the self-esteem issues girls have these days. YOU'RE NOT UGLY!

• Ugly? Yea, I don't think so. You said you want to look decent for at least one day of your life, but you -already- look pretty decent from the picture you put up. You even said you work out, which should help you feel better about yourself and the way you look. Girls who work out have, for the most part, a nicer shape and just the ambition alone that a girl likes to work out is attractive to me at least.

You said friends hit on your girlfriends all the time, but have you ever thought it was possible that since you are always looking down upon yourself you aren't even noticing the guys paying attention to you? Keep your head up and eyes open, I'm almost positive there are guys that were flirting with you that you just missed. Good luck.

• To be honest, chances are that you're not ugly, you're probably just an average looking girl (I didn't see your photos) and this is coming from an average -I hope- looking guy in the exact same boat as you (minus the crying myself to sleep, although I do feel sh*t sometimes)

If it helps, you'll succeed at life much more than the attractive girls will, they'll get pregnant and never finish college/university and end up having no choice but to marry an average Joe. Whereas you will be able to use your talents and extra curricular activities to get the pick of the college/university you want if you get the marks. In the long run you'll be better off. (this is what I like to think, I try to be optimistic when I can)

• If you're "accepting" that you're going to be alone forever, you're giving up on yourself. There's no good reason to do that.

Remember, you control your own destiny. If you want to meet people (in both making friends and getting into relationships), YOU should focus on being more friendly and reaching out more. And it won't always work out, but it will be up to you not to give up. Best of luck.

• Hi! Firstly, I don't find Megan Fox attractive and I don't know who Adriana Lima is. Anyways, I'm 17 and I believe that its a mental thing. Your life would be so much easier if you just stopped worrying about that.There's so much I could say to you, but all I will say is that there is more to being beautiful than having a pretty face. I know this is cliche'd and you've probably heard it a billion times, but if I was picking a girl, the first thing I would look for is WHO she is, as in, her personality; what she looks like comes second. Thirdly, physically, having a pretty face isn't all there is too it also. You work out, I'm sure you have a great body (i'm sure your thinking "not really"), work at that. The way I see it, there's nothing a person can do about their face, but they can work on their body. But even then, the real benefit of that imo would be the confidence boost.

Lastly, everyone thinks their ugly. The only people who don't are either people who discovered they aren't ugly because they get told it often, or the large majority are just snobby assholes.

• Dont worry so much. I'm sure you are a very attractive person. I'm 19 and I've never had a gf, yet I've been told by many girls that I'm attractive, or cute.

Just be more positive about yourself! At 16, the people that say you are ugly are probably just jealous! You sound like an amazing person, just try to be happy for who you are!

• Aha nice. I'm seventeen, never been kissed, never had a girlfriend, f*** never even really get a second glance from the opposite sex, and I really don't care. I know who I am, and I'm happy with that, I don't need another person in my life in that way to complete my self image. You need to be happy with who you are, and I know you're haven't "accepted" the whole thing because really you wouldn't be so worried about it if you had. Take all the energy you're putting into thinking about how ugly you are, and how you're going to be alone all your life, and put it into accepting yourself for who you are and being happy with that.

• Asian guy here,

I think Adriana Lima and Megan Fox are ugly, no offense to any one who likes them. I'm stereotyping, but Chinese guys like pale skin and slim figures, as well as delicate features. Lima and Fox are busty, tan, and strong featured. So... while the majority of society in the west may like them, probably a whopping 1.2 billion people think they are not attractive at all, including me.

Just offering an insight into global perspectives. The idea of beauty shifts from one culture to the next, so you're going to be beautiful somewhere.

• You are gay, no doubt for that

• I agree with iXenomorph, beauty changes from place to place. Where I'm from, I'm considered average, but when I moved to another place, people appreciated my features.

• adrian lima is hot and I 'm asian. megan fox is hot but not as hot as everyone says she is. I like asian girls too.

• Wow, I'm curious who did this to you? First off, if someone makes fun of you for "being ugly", that person had better be really f***ing good looking. And even then it's iffy. I would bet in your "little circle of friends" your friends probably aren't that good looking, and you are probably not as far off as you think you are. Listen, you aren't the only 16 year old who is going through these problems. I know everything seems like a big deal right now, but that's probably just natural for your age. I was the same way. It'll get better with time.

Even if everything is doom and gloom, and no one else thinks so, I think you are adorable and cute. And I wouldn't need eyes to tell you that.

• megan fox is not very attractive. she looks fake

• I tried to press the "agree" arrow a second time but it wouldn't let me :( so... Agree agree agree! No offense to her...she just needs to not paint on her face every hour...

• I know and in addition to that I saw this thing on TV before talking about how she's one of the youngest people to have had so much plastic surgery, they went through and showed a bunch of stuff on it and supposedly she admits some of it too so she IS for sure as fake as she looks!

• Don't be so hard on yourself... especially at such a young age. Don't let any asshole put you down. Hopefully your friends are you friends... but if you really think you're a token... move on and get new ones. You don't need anyone putting you down.

Keep your chin up and don't be so defeated. You'll find your mate sometime, for sure.

• You sound like a very sweet girl. I think a lot of people care about you! I mean look how far you have to scroll down this page to get to the end. I sounds like you touched a lot of hearts with this question. I am confident you will find a really nice guy.

• if I was 16 I would date you for sure lol but you gotta understand dude at certain ages everybody evolves different. Like at 22 I'm realizing a lot of people still act like they are 14 or haven't been in enough sh**ty relationships yet to recognize what's good for them and what isn't, that's around mid to late 30's when they get that picture

• You are definitely NOT ugly. You will find somebody that will want to date you, just try to be patient and trust that the day will come!

• I don't know what has been said to you already, but I'm going to give you my two cents. Take my advice for what you think it's worth it's only my opinion. Guys are jerks. Guys abuse and use women all the time for personal gratification. I am a man and am friends with a lot of guys. I know how they think about women. You are 16 right now which is honestly fairly young. It is a good thing that you haven't done anything sexual yet. You're probably attracting the good guys which is what you want to do. And they're probably too afraid to ask you out so you'll have to help out a little bit. Let me know if this helps at all.

• All I have to say is God's got a plan for you. The number one thing that drives me crazy in a girl is confidence. So the way you've been putting yourself down shows me you don't love yourself. How can you expect someone to love you if you don't love yourself in return? Don't be in too much of a hurry to grow up...You only get to once. Hope that helped =)

• God isn't real, and even if he was, why would his plan be "I shall henceforth make ugly women that suffer through childhood due to the hideous facial deformity, only to be joyous in their later years by meeting equally ugly males"

• Ashain is a giant ass :) but god loves him LOL. Whether there is a god out there, there is a whole concept of God and Jesus. There are many atheists who believe in the teachings of Jesus, and its the concept that there is someone for everyone that makes it possible to love. If you look around, so many people are in their first relationships. Hell, I'm almost 17 and I haven't done anything special with any girls

• You look d*mn good to me.

• There is never such thing as an ugly girl. Just because a guy hasn't asked you out yet doesn't mean that your not attractive. You have your whole life ahead of you and you'll most probably have a few guys in your life. You may not know it, but there may be a guy that likes you right now but is too shy to say anything.

Look at me for example, in high school I thought of myself as a nerd and a loser. I wasn't a book worm and I wasn't athletic. I had no special skills and thought that I would be alone for most of my life. But I never gave up hope, I always said to myself that somewhere out there there is a girl for me. Now I've been many relationships and have been happy.

Your time will come. It just seems like it's not right now.

• I didn't see your pics, but your in high school. You will find someone. I bet you are a really cute girl who just got bullied by a really mean girl who thinks your a loser. Well you are not. Besides, you'll find someone. When you should worry is when your like me and in college and your 21 and never even had a date. You will be fine

• I haven't seen your picture, but I can tell your not an ugly person. Am a ugly S.O.B. and am twenty and still alone "although I embrace being a loner". Don't even think or let someone tell You that your ugly. You'll find a guy soon enough. Ur only sixteen, don't be in such a rush.

• Sweetheart you are def not ugly. You have a beautiful face.

• you look fine

• Hey,being ugly shouldn't bother you cos am pretty sure in the eyes of some other guy,u re beautiful,u are still gonna get along with someone you never xpected in your life cos the world turns around..

• i'm curious what could be so bad, wanna post a pic/

• hey now! Don't be so down on yourself! you're beautiful the way you are, and if you have a good personality then you're beautiful, don't let people bash on ya! Be confident for who you are.

• you look cute

• First of all, BEAUTY IS TRULY IN THE EYES OF THE BEHOLDER! Self esteem is sexxxxy as hell! Your body and sex appeal will change over the span of your life. There is a perfect match for everyone and even beautiful people sometimes never find it, hence all of the Hollywood divorces. Keep your chin up!

• why shuld you say your ugly! you shuldnt say dat! no one is ugly! besides your still a young girl!

• More from Guys
    11

What Girls Said 53

• I was JUST like you. When I was 16, I thought I was the ugliest girl in the world! And it was reaffirmed when my nickname became "Ugly" by a few guys. They would pass me in the hall and their greeting was "Hey, Ugly! How are ya?"

My confidence was shattered. I became super shy and my self-esteem was at an all-time low. Then in college, I got my first boyfriend, and it scared and shocked the daylights out of me. I still thought I was ugly, and nobody ever looked at me, but HE did and he liked me both for my personality and my looks. People can find beauty in everyone.

My first boyfriend was when I was 19. Before that, I swore I'd be single all my life, never kiss anyone, and never experience a relationship. Things can surprise you, and honestly, HONESTLY, someone will find you that thinks you are a wonderful and beautiful person. I can promise you this. Just work on being okay with yourself, even if you don't believe you are beautiful right now. And if you understand how beautiful you are, others will too.

• When I read through everything you said. It sounded like it was me who wrote it.

Every word, every sentence you wrote is completely true and how I feel.

I'm sixteen also and I have given up on finding someone because it's only my friends who gets the attention. I always stand in the background and honestly, I'm not even attractive.

But reading through some of the comments helped me a little.

You know what? I just want to go and hug you, haha.

But you know what I've heard? Having a great personality helps a lot and it's true.

An unattractive person can become a beautiful person if he/she has a great personality. =) <3

cheers

• What are you talking about? You're beautiful. But you're 16, your hormones are making you moody and depressed, and you probably go to high school with a bunch of jerks (like 95% of the population).

Concentrate on being the person you want to be, doing the things you love, taking care of yourself and your future, and things will fall into place. DON'T base your self worth on the attention you get from high school boys...it's pointless, because they are just looking to build their ego (which is not their fault--their hormones are making them crazy too). That being said...once you get out of the confinements of high school and into college, I bet you'll see a total 180 in the attention you get from guys.

For some reason this question struck a chord with me, so I had to answer.

LondonPrincess

Admin

• first of all if this is your pic in the link then let me tell you something...you're a really cute girl. I agree with some of the other people here you are young and most everyone goes through a time when they are not comfortable in their own skin. kids have so many anxieties about their appearance and yeah so do adults. teens like you are always trying to find acceptance within their environment and within their peers. the problem with the peers is pure ignorance. kids do things and say things: before thinking, to appear cool to their friends, to make themselves feel higher (oh yea people others down to raise their own self esteem)- many reasons. but that doesn't make it right nor does it make it true. what they say are merely OPINIONS, not facts. I want you to make a list of the good things about you. everyone is good at some things whether its listening, are you a helpful person, are you a top student, do you have a skill or hobby that your good at ( I'm quite smart, have a degree, and am an awesome cook and I've realized it for years now)? once you have your list, these are the things you are willing to see in yourself, and in time you'll see more :). pick one or two things and everyday in the morning you reaffirm it to yourself- you actually say "i'm a caring person and really acknowledge it, the next day "i'm a beautiful person, and focus on the idea that YES YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. it's a little tool/trick to get you to see and accept your own qualities and start washing you mind of all those negative things those little haters have said to you. but the beauty of this is you are going to become more confident, because you are recognizing who you really are, from the inside. your not basing it on hearsay from the haters, you are getting in touch with you. and you will see the truth, that you are brilliant, beautiful, caring- everything that the negative comments have blinded you to. each day you make a reaffirmation its gives you a shot of confidence and makes you stronger as you grow into adulthood. it will help you love yourself, and when you love yourself others start to notice you, the spark your eye and your smile and draws them in (yes especially boys, but focus on you more you're the important topic today :) ). trust me on this, I was in your shoes and today I am beautiful, successful and so glad to be me. and you will find yourself happy to be you as well in time. one more thing if those kids keep being mean avoid them, your better than that and in school if they still do it talk to a counselor and report them, you don't have to spend any time on them anymore because they have no idea what they are saying and at best they will regret it and it will be a guilt issue for them to deal with when THEY are adults, ok? good luck hun, x.

• I felt ugly when I was starting university and sometimes I feel ugly right now so it's normal but if it's out of control how you feel about yourself, you can try to talk to a close friend or talk to a counsellor.

The best way for me was I started exercising more, I'm not fat, I try to look like celebrities that I like their style to and maybe I look at fashion magazines from time to time to get ideas on what's hot and that's about it. Just believe in yourself.

I feel sometimes I'm not attractive but I have a lot of friends who always compliment me so just surround yourself with positivity and things should be alright . take care

• First- DO NOT...I repeat DO NOT compare yourself with ANYONE. What makes you think, we are all confident beings? Ironically that's what we all share, emotion. Everyone has their crappy days, some of us have been hiding it half of our life's if not every day. So don't think your the only one experiencing this. I mean why do you think there's more plastic surgery these days? Why all of the commercials one sees are about beauty creams, ageless serums, lift ups? My point? We are all insecure beings, the one's that prevail are those that accept and love who they are, showing the rest of us, how pathetic we've become with changing our image for that of society's approval. SO Don't you dare! Let others push you down! And if you hang around these kind of insecure beings, do smile and turn around. Who are they to judge You! Take care girl..

Samantha

• Chickie dear, you are not ugly. If you are meek (not saying that I know you are) then boys might not notice you or you may not stick in their minds. Give them something to remember and tell off those people who are putting you down. Trust me sweetie I have been called a boy because of my short curly hair and have made fun of my crooked nose but that doesn't mean I'm ugly. If you show them you are confident in yourself they will see the beauty and not the insecurity that you let show on the surface.

Confidence is beautiful. And I know you are beautiful and the right boy will too. Try looking in other circles to see if it is just your circle of friends and people you know who think you are ugly. Those people do not sound like friends and you need to find people who will build you up and support you not tear you down and degrade you. (I do not know your friends so I apologize if I've said something rude.)

• Very nice comment - love how you pointed out you are suggesting things but you don't know for sure :) wish more people did that. And I agree on showing more confidence. Often, bullies will pick on the weak.... if you are in fact possibly projecting your insecurity, bullies will feed off of it. If you say something like "u just wish you could get this" to the guys or "u just wish you had breasts this perfect" or whatever you 'ARE' confident in, then walk away... they will possibly question themselves.

• OMG girl, this question makes me mad. Really.

I know this is harsh to hear, but the advice on this site cannot possibly help you. You need to help yourself first, because no matter how many times people on here (myself included) tell you that you are pretty, you won't believe it unless you boost your confidence. Have you ever noticed that guys really go for a girl who is sure about herself and who she is? Maybe the reason you have not had a boyfriend or first kiss is because guys do not see any confidence in you. I am 18, and all throughout highschool I never had a bf, or even my first kiss. I too, was always surrounded by the same group of girlfriends and did not think much of myself. Try stepping away from them for a bit and concentrating on who you are as a person. You seem like you are interesting and have a lot to offer based on your description =). Try some self help books, talk to people who have been in your position (don't be ashamed I did this too). Clothes and make-up are important, but will not do anything if you don't have the self esteem to back it up.

Eventually, you have to understand that the only way for people to see you as the beautiful person that you are, is if YOU truly believe it as well.

Good luck, and mssg me if anything :)))))

• First, adriana lima and megan fox are not that attractive to me..so beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. and second...i wouldn't worry about boys hitting on you in high school because it keeps you out of trouble! and I dint get to see your pics :( but you probably don't deserve to feel this way..you're just freaking out a little bit. I used to be so down on myself in high/middle school that I coudnt stand to even look at myself ina mirror..like if I passed a mirror, I would instantly want to look away..and I know how you feel about yur friends being super pretty..my sister is really pretty and she got all the attention! and I only had one boyfriend in high school during my senior year. but high school is over..doesnt even matter. I don't really give a sh*t abou those days anymore.excep for that asshole boyfriend! grr

• please stop! you are BEAUTIFUL! first things first, if you're hanging around people who make fun of you, you might want to hang with some new people. if you feel "ugly" its because you are letting other people's opinions about you rule you're life. if you work out, dress cute and have tons of cool hobbies, you already have a leg up on the competition! when you see yourself, don't just let your reflection tell you who you are, look at all of your POSITIVE traits. your physical appearance is only the tip of the iceberg honey. plus, 16 is a confusing age, I remember that time.. you are so focused on pleasing other people and trying to look like what the TV shows & magazines tell you to, that you can lose yourself really quickly. to hell with all that, its all smoke and mirrors. airbrush, makeup and photoshop work wonders!

my advice, be YOURSELF. not who "they" think you should be or who you think you should be, just be YOURSELF.. your charming, beautiful, intelligent, gorgeous self! have fun! let your hair down and just enjoy life! you are too young to worry about so much, you're like a blossoming flower barely hinting at its own magnificence. haha kinda cheesy but a good metaphor I think.

tips: smile, it instantly makes you feel better! plus nothing is sexier than a gorgeous genuine smile! makeup is good but always remember less is more, guys like the more natural look.. the cakey look is kinda yucky. play to your fave features, if you have gorgeous eyes, line them up and put on a nice sheer gloss. if you have great lips, a nice cherry gloss always makes them look extra juicy! some mascara and you're good to go! POSITIVE THINKING! that's a major one! when you feel and think insecure thoughts, its plain as day and written alllllll over ur face and body language! when you think negatively, ur body language becomes really closed off, you slump ur shoulders, cross ur arms, hide behind ur hair, ur really meek. so not sexy.. but when you THINK sexy & confident, ur shoulders are back, ur chin is held high and you just LOOK so much more beautiful.

no ones opinion matters more than your own.. if believe you are beautiful well dammit, you are beautiful! and don't worry bout boys, the right one will come along and ur looks will only be the icing on the cake. guys who only care about looks only want sex, a guy who can love you unconditionally for who you are as a person, now that's a real find :) be easy on yourself and remind yourself that life is supposed to be FUN! best of luck gorgeous :)

• Contrary to popular (or, rather, misinformed) belief, that's not all that uncommon. One of my friends is 18, attractive, and never had a boyfriend, never been kissed, and never done anything sexual. Granted, he's a guy, but your attitude about the situation is probably more of a turnoff than anything else. Guys don't like girls that have low self-esteem and are incredibly self-conscious. Confidence and personality are sexier than any kind of superficial external facade. Just be confident that someone will see through your looks and love you for who you are. And they will. Guys go more for personality than looks as they get older/more mature. And if someone doesn't want to date you because of how you look, they were never good enough in the first place.

• Please...I have't seen your pic, but you can't say that for certain. Just look at almost ANY celebrity out there. Eva Longoria is butt ugly without make up, Britney Spears looks like a man, Megan Fox was beautiful, but apparently she thought she was ugly too, otherwise she wouldn't have had so many plastic surgeries, so on and so on...

Just..wait until you grow up completely, get yourself some confidence, find something on your face that you particularly love and accentuate that with make up. Be proud of yourself and BE CONFIDENT FGS!

Hope I helped

^_^

• your not ugly there is no such thing as an ugly girl in this world because god doesn't make ugly things..ok just be yourself andlove yourself because you are beautiful very very beautiful..i promise.i know that one day your going to find a good guy that loves.i think those girls you say that are all pretty and stuff are never happy...trust me I know...but your beautiful in and out ok...i have a tip every morning when you wake up look in the mirror and say I'm beautiful

and attractive and walk with your shoulders back and your head straight and most important always smile every time smile that will help a lot that will make you look more confident than ever before. even though you don't want to smile keep smiling... and have a positive attitude and be outgoing, fun and trust me that will help ...and do what I told you about the mirror thing ok.. and then tell me how you feel pls I want to know if it helped you and remember your beautiful and those people that make fun of you are just jealous because you have something they don't have don't listen to them OK good luck

• you sound so humble.that I wanna be your friend.

your not ugly there is no such thing as an ugly girl in this world because god doesn't make ugly things..ok just be yourself and learn how to love yourself because you are beautiful very very beautiful..i promise...i know that one day your going to find a good guy that loves...i think those girls you say that are all pretty and stuff are never happy...trust me I know...but your beautiful in and out ok...i have a tip every morning when you wake up look in the mirror and say I'm beautiful

• first of all... you're 16..

you're in the part of your life where you're still changing.. in 4 years you could be a totally different person, people will run into you and be like sholysh*t.. you look so different! I went to school with you!

you're only 16.. I never dated until I was like 18ish. I never kissed a guy until I was 18ish, I just never worried about it I guess.. and you're not going to be alone forever.. don't think like that, just be proud of the fact that you're not a slutbag :) I know I'm proud of you :)

youll find the right guy.. don't worry.. or maybe its your group of friends? Maybe you need to branch out abit and start hanging out with new people.. there's nothing wrong with having a close knit group of people you hang out with, but how are you ever going to meet new people? Am I right or what. I'm not saying don't be friends with them, but be friends with other people as well..

and as for the make up.. I donno how you do it cause the pics don't work. but keep it simple, guys don't like girls who cake on their make up.. at least if you want a decent guy who is gonna like you for you and not only for what you look like, maybe abit of mascara. a little bit of eyeliner and some foundation.. that's about it.

I always hated meeting people at school...

if you can get a part time job maybe try that, its a good way to make new friends and meet new people ;D

gl

• That might not be true, trust me when I was like 14 years old some girls used to say I was ugly and I got to the point that I believed them, but them when I was getting older I notice some boys really find me atractive and I started to like myself and now I am 26 I am not a model but I think I am pretty and there is a lot of people that think that too. There is no such a thing as being a ugly girl there will always be someone that found you pretty and you should work hard to be one of them , well we see ourselves pretty things change. What really helps me is mascara, everyone looks prettier with mascara...Another thing use clothes that make you confident...

Everything will be fine and you will marry ok...

• here's the deal, because you believe that you're ugly, you think that everybody else does, too! instead of focusing on what you DON'T like about yourself, find your favorite features and play them up :) don't wear anything that makes you feel uncomfortable, and be yourself.

i thought that I would NEVER have a boyfriend because I was always so quiet and I never had any confidence. I'd always stay quiet and I would squeak out the wrong word when talking to somebody I liked, or I'd ignore them all together. which is not good..but when one night, a guy from my swim team sent me an email asking how the girls did at an invite. you don't expect a boy to become your boyfriend, it just..happens!

if you want to improve your look, I'd say less is more. my boyfriend HATES heavy makeup, so don't cake on the paint :)) here are my favorite YouTubers that make great videos. KandeeJohnson, MakeupByTiffanyD, AllThatGlitters21, JuicyStar07, and one for fitness AND makeup is LizYArtur

• id say don't worry about it! you are young you'll get better looking... I didn't see your pic but if your a bit chubby loose the weight if you have glasses get contacts, if your hair is frizzy get a good straightener. make your hair style smooth and sexy and die it to a better color!

wear a push up bra and sexy clothes, if you have acne us proactive or something. wear a good foundation and a nice amount of eyeliner. People tell me I do my makeup like a pro so it would really help me if you sent me a good pic of yourself and I could personally show you some tips because I've given plenty of makeovers before with satisfying results.

so please upload a pic and ill do my best to help!

• sweetie. I was the same as you growing up. I never thought I was pretty enough and all my friends got guys attention but me. just think of it this way. you are 16 and have a lot more growing to do. I didn't see a picture of you but you will mature into your looks, it happened for me. I'm still not entirely confident now but you will learn to be. and don't worry about the first kiss thing. I was 18 when I had my first kiss and it was worth the wait. don't be one of those girls that tries to do too much too quickly, you will attract the wrong type of guys. you want guys that are worth your time, and you will find one like that eventually. good things take time. don't stress :)

• I never had a real boyfriend until after high school and I'm fabulous. Trust me your not missing much. I wouldn't worry about a relationships; just focus on your goals and accomplishments and the right guy will find you. Don't waste your time worrying about that kinda stuff; life is to short to not by worried about anyone but yourself. Have fun with life; cause you never know what could happen.

• dont ever call your self ugly you need to be confident. When you love ur self and the way you look than guys start to notice that. But if you are truly unhappy with how you look than fix it stop talking about it. I don't think you should change for anyone but your self. Also you don't need guys to be happy , with or with out guys you can be happy.

• Yeah, it's hard for girls like us who don't look like models, but there is always hope. I've never had a boyfriend, kissed, or anything else. But, if I'm meant to be with someone, God will lead me to them. Don't be despared, relationships are by far over rated, & you are 16. Men you age wouldn't be after teh right things anyway.

Good Luck & don't give up!

• by all of these 88 answers, this may sound repetitive.. but ugly is simply an attitude. in your own way, you are a very pretty girl and you will find flaws! that's normal

• hey I've been there. I'm a girl just like you. I never consider myself that pretty. Before I entered high school I was the "fat ugly band chick who everyone hated". I too wondered why I have pretty friend an no one liked me. But I think you just need to give yourself some more time. I've come to think of it as the ulgy duckling "phase" in the the transition from "Awkward Teenage Girl" to "OMG I'm a woman!". Just wait it out, try to think less about people who make fun of you. I bet you have something really beautiful about you that you didn't notice! then you'll wake up, and you look in the mirror and know "i'm beautiful and sexy -tiss-" =)

• looks are not your problem your very pretty and from what you said very talented. you can't compare your self to other people that will bring you down. just be your self and don't let anyone person ruin how you feel about yourself because if they are trying to put you down its usally jealousy or they see you as a threat. don't agree with people telling you lies that's what they want you to do. those people makeing fun of you need to get a life. those people are the insecure ones I bet those people makeing fun of you can't even tap a beat with there fingers or march infront of a large crowed of people. they see things about you they wish they had so they will try to find your weakness and try to make you feel bad about your self and you've let them get to you.

• Maybe other people say you are ugly because they're jealous and they don't want that you would be confident. They want you to think that you are ugly, but you aren't ...

• DAMN! You're actually very beautiful! No hate, but my advice is to lose some weight, which will cause you're beautiful features to stand out even more. Good Luck!

• Ok,thanks it's alright,all suggestions are good.How much weight?

• No more than fifteen pounds. And that is not an exact number. Even 10 would be great. Your body type is not that of a slim girl. You have curves, but you don't want those curves to be to curvy. ;) But you don't want them gone either because curves are GREAT!

• Hmm....well I used to be built exactly like you actually, and I lost about 25 pounds, mostly through excersise. Diet alterations might include excluding creamy foods and cutting down on snack foods, but that's it. I wish you the best of luck!! Anything's possible =)

• You are beautiful! I don't know what your talking about.

• I promise that someone out there and most likely more then one person thinks that you are GORGEOUS! YOu have to know it yourself though. Everyone is beautiful in their own way but sometimes you have to see it in yourself so that others do too.

• My goodness hun. See all these people who disagree?! You're beautiful! I know saying "don't worry about anyone else" is easier said than done, but it's worth a shot.

Oh, and as for the boy issue. Guys are stupid:) They'll come to you when their macho-ness is built up enough. Remember, there's someone in this world for everyone.

• More from Girls
    23