What's the difference between cute and hot?

I get called cute frequently by girls but never hot. I am told these alot, "I like the way you dress" and "Your eyes are gorgeous" but I am never called hot. I see girls look at me a lot yet still I am never "hot". What is the difference between cute and hot?

Most Helpful Girl

• Well for me, they are the same thing. I never say anyone is hot, I think that;s disrespectful and just immature. So I always say hey he is cute, or he is good looking. Kind of as a more respectful way to say hot. But for me they mean the exact same thing. Cute, hot, pretty, they are all words to say that you are attactive :).

And I have this same roblem with guys. I get called cute and good looking but never hot. But I just assume they all mean the same thing.

What Girls Said 4

• Cute= attractive in a general or specific way (you won't make anyone want to gouge out their eyes)

Hot= sexually attractive (you could be ugly and still be hot (though more often not). usually cute with a strong sexual pull)

• girls say cute more then hot. its basically the same thing.unless they mean ur "babycute" guys can b tht 2, so there's 2 types of cute, I no it confusing.

• They mean the same thing to me, but I usually use the word "cute" more than "hot". And I think girls just use the word "cute" for guys more and guys use the word "hot" more for girls. I'm sure a lot of girls think your hot too, though. ; )

• When a girl says you are cute- it's a good thing. You say the right things, and make her feel good about herself.

When she calls you hot, she is really in love with you, and ur turning her on in some way.

What Guys Said 1

• Cute is a lot more casual and not a strong a word as hot.

I'm not sure why your called one but not the other. Maybe they'll call you cute to give you a sign that you like them as calling you hot up in front of your face might seem a bit awkward.