Chlorine and hair

I go swimming almost everyday. And I don't want t o wash my hair everyday. So I got a swimmer's cap. But that was hard to get on and then water still got on my hair. So I am wondering about chlorine and hair. If I swim one day and got my hair wet, then maybe rinsed it and dried it and then swam the next day and then washed my hair would that work? Is chlorine bad for your hair? Would rinsing my hair work?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not an expert, by far. But I have a pool and swim just about every day. I wash my hair about 5 times a week and it's fine. PLUS I dye my hair all the time.

I'm surprised I'm not bald by now :) but the chlorine doesn't seem to hurt my hair. That said, it's not a public pool so the chlorine levels are lower. But, if you're worried about it, get some shampoo especially for swimmers and definitely rinse. Have fun this summer!

• Thanks. The pool I swim in is our own personal pool (aren't they great) so the chlorine levels probably aren't high. And I have highlights like you said you die your hair. thanks so much.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 4

• I used to swim lots and didn't have the forsight to wear a swimming cap. Wish I had because the quality of my hair was awful in the end - dry and constantly tangled no matter how much I conditioned. In the end I bought some shampoo called "clarifying" shampoo which removes all chlorine. It's also great for removing a build-up of hair products such as mousse, gel, hairspray etc.

I think daily washing along with daily swimming is probably your best bet.

Try clarifying shampoo! It works a treat.

• Okay if you use a swimming cap you need to put a plastic hair cap over your hair and then it will keep dry . You can buy them at Sally's or any hair story.

• if you dye your hair it gets dry all tangled up and plus it makes your hair lighter. You should at least rinse your hair with water that will do.

• rinsing should be fine I do the same thing and my hair is fine