Cute and god looking

I know when guys say a girl is cute, pretty, good looking etc etc they mean it. But I have been called good looking by 2 guys (one I my crush and the other was a guy, who is probably 18, who was helping his dad work on our pool). I don't know how to explain what I am asking. How is good looking compared to pretty, beautiful, cute (which I have been called too)? I don't want to seem vein but I am very self conscious of the way I look and I guess I am wondering how I compare to girls wh get called those other things.Guys If you were to call a girl good looking what would you mean> Why would you call her good looking over the other names? Thanks

Most Helpful Girl

• Good looking is definitely a compliment. I don't think you can necessarily rate or compare these words of description because they all mean basically the same thing. I would probably call a guy good looking if I thought he was cute, but maybe not my type. Or, depending who he was talking to, good-looking is more of a polite way to say someone is hot. So it's definitely a good thing!

What Guys Said 2

• In my books on a rating between 1 to 10, 10 being the highest:

0 - 5 Cute

6 - 7 Pretty/Good Looking but not super sexy, just normal shape

8-9 Pretty/Good Looking and super sexy

10 Hot Babe

I hope this helps.

• They all mean basically the same thing: you're attractive. Some people just use different words or phrases to express themselves.

What Girls Said 3

• They are all compliments, about the your attractiveness. Cute, has a sweet factor to it. Good Looking is sort of a basic broad term that can cover several other categories. Pretty is better than average looking. Beautiful is a term for those women that are close to perfect, and also, for when a guy falls in love with a girl, then he will think she's beautiful. And hot is often more of an infatuation type term, like someone a guy may want to sleep with, but not necessarily anything more than that.

• it just depends on what type of guy it is. if a perv says she is good looking he wants some sex and if a nice guy says she is pretty he means I want to spend the rest of my life with her but it all depends.

• that was really confusing hunny

• Sorry I always have trouble explaining what I mean. How is the compliment good looking compared to pretty, beautiful, cute? is it better worse? etc