Clothes to wear on a first date?

What type of clothing would you wear on a first date out to dinner?

Most Helpful Girl

• something like these

link

link

What Girls Said 6

• well I love it wen guys wear black slacks and a really nice simple shirt with a tie. If its just a simple dinner than maybe just a regular dressy shirt. I think its kinda rude if I'm all dressed up and the guy is wearing jeans it makes it seem lik he's not really into the date.

• I see your point here but personally I think that any venue that would call for such an upscale dress sense would be a bad idea for a first date. First dates should, above all, be light-hearted and fun, at places where you're guaranteed to have a good time even if you don't turn out to enjoy the company. Fancier occasions should be reserved for later IMO.

• Well I see your point 1st dates can be odd at 1st and it does take a lot of pressure off by doin somethin fun

• Something casual but cute and sexy kind of like a cute pair a skinny jeans, loose top with a button up and maybe a cute pair of heals.

• first impressions matter... it depends on your style.. if its out for dinner and at night..i would wearr some nice dark color dress or skirt with nice blouse

• Hmm. Well it depends on the season, but since it's summer I would wear a cute summer dress or a cute mini skirt.

It sounds kinda dressy, but for me it's pretty normal ^.^

• A button up shirt with a nice pare of jeans or if its the summer some nice tan or plaid shorts.

• a nice button up or flannel and some levis and nice shoes

What Guys Said 7

• Depends on where the date was. I mean obviously a tux won't work if you're going to an amusement park, and shorts and a T-shirt won't work for a fancy restaurant. We need the venue.

• There's no generic first-date outfit. It really depends on things like setting, time of year, etc. You should provide a specific date scenario first.

• Jeans and a polo you can't go wrong with that, your not over dressed and your not under dressed, plus your a guy and she isn't going to expect you to wear a tux or anything.

• Nice pair of slacks, and an ironed button down shirt. Though if this was me, I would have already told her that I dress for comfort and probably would wear some black jeans and maybe a polo shirt. The closer you are to the real you, the more they will appreciate you being honest. Plus, you want someone who accepts you for who you are and won't try to change you. That goes for both sexes.

• Thank you I appreciate the suggestion. when you say slacks do you mean like khakis or dress pants?

• Yeah. Comfortable yet looks nice.

• I'd say be on the conservative side. You want to look good, but you don't want to send the vibe that you are some skanky bimbo.

• Depends on how fancy this dinner place is.

• Not fancy enough to wear a blazer/jacket and not sh*tty enough to wear shorts and a undershirt

• Casual, shorts and short sleaves ; I live in AZ.