Is red hair a turn on or turn off for most guys/women?

I have red hair and have encountered many men who LOVE it but there seems to be an equal number who are really anti-red hair. I took a lot of stick because of my red hair at school and just wondered what you guys and gals on here think.

• I find red hair a turn on
  • I find red hair a turn off
  • I don't care about hair color, it's about the person.

Most Helpful Guy

• Redhead here. *waves hello*

Well, I love red hair on girls. I might be biased, but there's just something unique, almost exotic about a girl with red hair. Auburn is okay, as is strawberry blonde, but a genuine redhead is amazing. Another thing about redheads is that very few of them ever look alike. With other hair colors, people can get lost in a sea of people, but with a redhead, you have other distinguishing traits - freckles, fair/darker skin etc. Sure, you get that with other hair colors too, but nothing on the same level. Also, it just looks. it's hard for me to describe, but it just comes together so beautifully.

Personally, although I voted for 'a,' as per the actual question, other factors come into my mind long before I think about what colour a girl's hair is. Sure, I love red hair, but if that's all a girl has going for her (ie, if she's rude, arrogant, too forward, etc) then I won't touch her with a fifty foot barge pole.

What Guys Said 5

• Well, I've got this red and blonde thing going on, so I like red heads.

• I just want to know how I someone could disagree with me over my red/blonde hair color, and how I like red heads?

• I figured, but I just think that's funny that someone would disagree with me over my hair color, and my interests. Kind of goofy.

• It's daft isn't it! Oh well, I guess that's what it's there for. Controversy!!

• Redheads are God's gift to men.

• I LOVE red heads. So they are so few & far between. I would feel lucky if I were you.

• I wish I could've picked "Turn on" and "It's about the person".

• of course specially if its bright red :D love it!

What Girls Said 9

• Red hair is just so much more unique. Everyone seems to have blond hair here in SoCal, mostly women that bleach it. And so, as a blond, I think I get lost in the masses. I am not one for maintenance on my hair and so I stick with my natural blond hair. But if I were to color my hair, I would definitely go red. It is just more beautiful to look at. Especially natural redheads. Because your natural skin color, the fair peaches and cream look, just radiates with the red highlights of your hair. And you know what I am talking about when darker women try to pull it off but the skin and hair color somehow contrast each other and the woman ends up looking kinda sickly.

• My guy has red hair and I totally love it. He has said that girls either seem to love it or hate it.

• Very true of me too. I'm a redhead, and that's the exact same impression I have got from girls.

• My sister has red hair, and she's fonded over constantly. She's a light red and super cute from head to toe. But she's never been rejected because of her hair color. And I've dated guys with red hair before. I guess I don't really notice the color of hair that much.

• I also have red hair :)

And I think guys with red hair are a total turn on!

• I used to think red hair was sooo sexy, but now I find it kinda repulsive. I think everyone has their phases. I really love red hair still though, so much so that I have some tints in my hair =]

• I wish I had red hair it's beautiful on girls but it's nasty on guys

• I must say that that isn't a very nice choice of words.

• Who cares about the words you were the one who asked what we thought and that's what I think whether you like it or not. You're pathetic.

• Wow was that weird and out of line. I think the answerer is a bit pathetic.

I like red hair on both genders.

• This is kinda bad, since I'm a red head,but for some reason I find red hair very ugly. Now don't be too quick to rate badly, it's just when I look at just red hair,I think it looks hideous, but on people it looks kinda good.Kinda.-ish.

• I have to say that for me it depends solely on the person, not the hair color, but I always prefer red on myself over any thing else.

• i prefer red hair on a girl than on a guy. don't know why but girls with red hair can be a total turn on, while guys with red hair are a turn off for me