Do guys like girls who don't try too hard?

I'm a self-professed tomboy, and would much rather just keep my hair in a pony tail and don't wear make up. I live in jeans and t-shirts. I'm basically extremely low maintenance, but I will dress up and do my hair and makeup when I need to. I try to keep my hair cut and colored, but there are times when I don't have the funds to keep it up.

What I want to know is, does it bother guys when a girl doesn't do her hair and makeup on a daily basis? Do guys prefer when a girl is made up all the time, compared to being comfortable in what she looks like when she's just relaxing at home?

Most Helpful Girl

• As long as you are happy with how you look like then you shouldn't worry about anyone else. If you look good without any effort made then consider yourself lucky because what could be better then "natural beauty". You can, however, dress-up on special occasions. Just be confident and happy :D

What Guys Said 2

• All guys are different and therefore have different tastes, but every guy will on occasion want to see a girl put a little effort into making herself look nice. I have traditionally gone for girls whom I would classify as sporty or tomboyish and regularly wear very little or no make-up, but I don't like to see them wearing the same funky sweats and baggy t-shirts EVERY day. If you wear jeans and t-shirts that accentuate your figure and your man probably won't say much about your make up.

• I do try from time to time. I'm just not big on makeup or skirts and dresses, that sort of thing. I'm more comfortable in my jeans and t-shirts, but I have nice stuff too.

• It depends on how the guy thinks.

If you don't dress up or 'try' a guy might think you aren't interested, because if you were you would be trying to impress your self on him.

But that kind of crap has never stopped me so.

Best advice is to dress how you want to.

Unless you really want a certain someone.

But you don't want to be fronting.

• I do try on occassion, just not for day to day stuff. You know, work (I work in a warehouse) or running errands and stuff.

What Girls Said 3

• I have actually always been a strange, or I like to call perfect, cross between one of the guys and a girly girl. I've never put too much time into my appearance but have always looked pretty good. And from my time with the guys, I've learned that a lot of them prefer a girl that is just comfortable in their own skin for day to day activities and such things. And will occasionally dress up for some special event. I actually know a bunch of guys that prefer their girls not to wear make-up and stuff all the time.

• if you go out with him you should try to impress him a little guys like it when girls get pretty for them. as he gets to really know you just try to show him the real package. but most women feel good when they dress sexy and wear just a little makeup and most guys go for the sexy ones.

• you can be comfortable and still take effort into your appearance. it just looks better when you try more, it shows that you take care of yourself. girls who don't are just seen as one of the guys, and kind of unfeminine